Monday, February 22, 2010

Casí Terminado Con El Primer Cambio













Mi Querido Familia y Amigos,

¡Vamos a vivir en un castillo! Well, we were. :/ We ALMOST got the castle, and we were going to move in this week. But we got a call from Elder Owen this morning saying that the lady called and said she is in debt, and that she can´t rent the house right now. The worst!! So...Elder Birchall and I continue our search for a new house. :)

It´s going to be an exciting week here for us and for the Brillador ward. On Saturday, we have an area conference, and then on Saturday night, we are having a ward activity. It´s going to be a concert (entitled Venid A Cristo)--starring my companion Elder Birchall! He is way good at playing Piano, and he is going to play four songs. We are going to have a slideshow of Christ during one of the songs, and then we are going to have scriptures read in between songs, along with testimonies. It´s going to be sweet! Especially when Juan Carlos bears his testimony because he is getting baptized the next day. :)

Speaking of which...we are super excited for the baptism! I am so pumped. Carlos (the 15 year old son) wants me to baptize him! THE GREATEST! I am way excited. :) I have been working on memorizing his name (they have some long names here in Chilé). I am not too worried about the baptism prayer, though. It´s just like English, but...it´s in Spanish (duh).

This last week was awesome. Elder Briones had his 19 birthday, and we had a little party (see pictures). It was great. We had completos again, and I enjoyed it. :)

Elder Lopez (one of the Elders who lived with me) went home yesterday, and it was sad. I wish I could have gotten to know him a little more. He is from Bolivia, and he was a way good missionary. His English was pretty good, too. (We taught him a lot the last four weeks. Haha.)

I went out interchanges with Elder Wallentine (Elder Boyd´s trainer; my district leader) on Saturday, and we had a blast together. He would be a sweet companion! He said I speak Spanish really well (HAHA), and I later read in his journal (on accident!!), and he said he was really surprised by how much I knew for only being here for four weeks. Haha. He is also pretty convinced that I will be in the mission office before long. (He was there for 7 months before coming here to La Sarena.) Haha. But yeah--we had a good time, and we taught a lot of people. It was sweet.

Yesterday we had another funny moment at lunch after dinner. This little girl was saying that she couldn´t understand my Spanish the first time we had ate there (my third or fourth day), and I thought it was pretty funny. But when we shared a little spiritual thought before leaving, I bore testimony of our Savior, and when I was done, she said, "Ohhhh, ahora le entendo!" HAHA. (In English: "Oh, now I understand you!¨) So that was a pretty good confidence booster that my Spanish is actually getting better. Haha.

Well, again, here are a few pictures for your entertainment. I love you all, and I hope to hear from yáll soon. Because I don´t hear from some of all quite enough as I should. ;)

Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
2 Nephi 4

P.S.
Wow. It´s almost been a month since I got here. And the change is almost over. Weird. I can´t believe how fast time flies here!

No comments: