Friday, February 12, 2010

Fijando Una Fecha

Dear All,

I was thinking about Tara´s Story this morning, and wow! It´s already been a whole year since she started getting taught by Elder Doubleday. Wow. Time flies!

I also want to wish every one who had and who will have a birthday this month a happy birthday! JoAnn, Shayla, Cynthia, etc. :) Happy B-Day!

This last week was good. Every week gets better and better. I am faced with new challenges every day, but these challenges are necessary to be molded into the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to be. I´ve been very diligent. And I am doing my best to turn all my fear into more faith. :)

Yesterday, I had the oppurtunity to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators, Duban. He is like a Chilean version of Dalton! Haha. He is twelve, and is excited to be baptized on February 27. :) But yeah--it was great to set that date. We now have five investigators with baptismal dates!

Speaking of which, The Familia Araya is doing great. Man, I wish all of you could meet this awesome family. They make me feel at home! Hermana Yazmin makes me home-made bananna milk every time I go there now. HAHA. The first time she made it, I drank it and said, "Mmmm. ¡Me Gusta!" And she thought it was pretty funny. So yeah, la familia Araya loves to tease me about the bananna milk, but hey--they make it for me, and it´s delicious! :) I am super excited for their baptism on February 21.

I also had my first completo a few days ago. (See the pictures.) Wow. They are 20 times better than the hot dogs we have in America. They are just like a hot dog, but the bun is a little bigger. First, you put tomatos on top, and then you put on the guacomole. And then you put on mayo, mustard, and some hot sauce to top it off. And WOW. They are so good! Brent would love them, I bet!

We had some funny moments this weekend. On Saturday, we did intercambios (exchanges), and I was with Elder Bales, one of our zone leaders. After lunch we went back to the pension (our apartment) and started our fast. However, at our next appointment, the people gave us some soda. I was a little intimidated by my zone leader, and I didn´t want to say anything to him. I thought maybe we could drink because it is so hot here or something. So yeah--he drank, but I didn´t. Haha. After the lesson, they offered us a snack. Elder Bales accepted, and then I finally said, "Fasting?" HAHA. He said, "Why didn´t you say anything!?" And yeah--he forgot, and every one else in my apartment forgot, too. So I was the only one who fasted, and everyone else started their fast after lunch yesterday.

The best part was...yesterday, I got offered the following, while my companion couldn´t have any of it: a whole BAG of grapes, chocolate ice cream, half a watermelon, some soda, some more ice cream, and some more soda. HAHA. I was about to explode, because--wow--it was so much junk. But it was fun to eat it and watch Elder Birchall suffer. ;)

When Elder Birchall and I reunited Saturday night after intercambios, he told me: "I found a house!" (Like I said before, he and I are looking for a place to stay that is actually in our ward and what not.) I said, "Really? Let me see it!" (We always take pictures of them to send them to the office to get them approved.) And, well, he showed me the picture (it is attached to this e-mail; check it out), and I was laughing so hard! I am pretty convinced we will get the house and be legends in the mission because of it. :)

The other pictures are: me and Elder Briones, me with the sunset, and I think that´s it. But yeah--enjoy the pictures! :)

All is well here. :) I am honored to be here to preach the Gospel to these people. It´s hard, but it´s possible. I know it is, and I am going to do my best. Christ is our Savior, and His Gospel will make us happier than anything else. There is no replacement.

I love you all, and I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
Mosiah 2:41







No comments: