Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No Tengo Mucho Tiempo

Dear All,

Well, I took too much time e-mailing people toward the beginning, and now I am left with a small amount of time. I will do my best to write up a good e-mail, though, in the next 16 minutes. :) If you wrote me and got a short reply or no reply at all, just know that I got your e-mail, and I am grateful for your love and support. :) As always.

First of all, wow! Congrats KT! I am excited for Baby Levi. :) I also heard that Erin Kiffe is getting married...?? Dang! Haha. I sure do enjoy getting news about weddings and new nieces and nephews. :)

We had interviews last Wednesday. They went well. President Gillespie is a great guy. His advice and wisdom always makes me want to be a better missionary! In our interview, he asked me about my family (as he always does), and I told him how we have truly been blessed for having consistent scripture study and prayer back home. He was really happy to hear that. But he also added, "Always remember that your family is receiving blessings for your service, too, Elder Nelson." He concluded the interview by saying that the missionaries really enjoy working with me, which was very good to hear. Haha. It was probably my best interview with President Gillespie so far. It was probably the first one that he didn´t have to tell me to stop being selfish. HAHA.

Anyways! We are now--again--struggling to get good, solid investigators. And so we decided to do a 40 day fast with our branch like the one we do in our ward back home. You know, when we have a family fast every day for forty consecutive days. I think it´ll be grand! We are excited to do it with them. :)

You see, our best investigator´s name is Pedro. We watched the Testaments with him last week, and he LOVED it. And so we decided to watch another DVD with him. We watched "On The Lord´s Errand" (Thomas S. Monson biography) with him, and...well...the results are not what we wanted. He said he enjoyed it, but then he said, "He´s a good, inspired man. But he is not a prophet." It was hard for me to actually HEAR someone say that, especially after such a powerful DVD like that one. But we are going to keep working with him, and we are going to help him feel the Spirit comfirming the truthfulness of the Gospel.

Elder Mann got sick a few nights ago, and so for the first time in the field, we retired to the pension a few hours earlier and got to bed a good two hours earlier than usual. It was good to get 10 hours of sleep. :) Haha. And Elder Mann is doing a whole lot better now, so that´s good. We are both to 100% right now, and we are excited for another week. :)

With my final four minutes, I want to end by bearing my testimony. I know that if we live our lives in a way where we can ALWAYS feel the Spirit, we can receive guidance and direction from the Spirit. What a powerful, wonderful gift we have! I know it´s hard sometimes--especially during the summer--but I know that if we put the Gospel FIRST in our lives and always remember to pray and study the scriptures, we WILL feel the Spirit leading and guiding us in our every day lives. Always remember that. Always remember that we have a Savior who Atoned for all of us. We have our weaknesses; but for that reason, we have a Savior who has provided the way for us. God lives and loves ALL of His Children. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and we have it thanks to a prophet of God, Joseph Smith. Thomas S. Monson IS a prophet of God, and he leads and guides us today.

I am grateful for the Gospel, for this opportunity to share it with others. We are blessed to have this knowledge in our lives. I challenge you all to hold an FHE where you just simply bear your testimonies to one another. Testimony truly is a powerful thing.

I love you all, and I look forward to hearing from you all next week.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

P.S.
Sorry! No photos. Next week, though. I promise. :)

No comments: