Thursday, February 24, 2011

Una Obra Maravillosa








Dear All,

Another week has flown by. Someone mentioned to us a few days ago that time goes by faster here Viña del Mar. I'm not sure what they meant or what that exactly means, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's true? Haha. :)

Well, we were going to have a baptism this next Saturday, but Susana didn't pass her interveiw. :( But we're going to keep working with her to see what we can do to help her. Olfa, on the other hand, is going to have her interview this next Saturday, and she'll pass and be baptized on March 5. She's awesome! Last night we taught her "Permanaced." Permanaced is a document written the Chile area presidency especially for the Chilean saints. I have a copy in English, so you all can read it for yourself one day. But...to sum it up: It talks about the Spirit and how everything good in this life depends on us receiving the Holy Ghost and maintaining it in our lives. But alas! We shared the document with her last night, and she understood really well. She's actually accepted everything very well. :) It's great having investigators like that! Haha. What was even greater was when she gave us empanadas right before we left. Delicious! ;)

Other than those two investigators, we're just working hard on finding new people to teach, and we're trying to get the ward here pumped to do missionary work--as I mentioned last week. We visited a lot of members last week, and we invited a ton of them to go out with us this week, and it's been a success so far! It seems like the members are already a whole lot more excited to work with us. So hopefully we can keep that up! :)

We had our zone conference this last week. That was the greatest! As always, I learned a ton from President Gillespie and the zone leaders. We had a prepare a talk for the conference, and we did a little "workshop" on how to give a good talk. I kind of rushed my talk, and it wasn't the greatest! It was actually pretty boring. I'm just glad I had to give it in front of four missionaries, rather than in front of ALL the missionaries. Phew!

The conference was also really awesome because it was the first time that Elder Boyd, Elder Hawkes, and I were all together since January of last year. It was awesome to be reunited! As always, we talked of old MTC memories, and we shared new mission stories with each other. And then there are the stories from BEFORE the mission that we liked to share with each other. Haha. Elder Hawkes had me tell the story of how they accidently put me in special ed. my sixth grade year (again). That story never gets old for them it seems. Haha.

I am running out of interesting things to say these days. :/ But as always I just want to let you all know that I have a testimony of the Gospel. And I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that if we rely on Him and keep His commandments, we will be protected, and we will receive Eternal Life. All is takes is an attitude of faith and a strong desire. :) I am thankful for each and every one of you and your examples.

I love you all! Until next week! Cuidense mucho. :)

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: