Sunday, February 5, 2012

Elder Nelson V And Other Thoughts

Well, I have a few more minutes before I need to prepare myself for the Singles Ward, and so I decided that now would be a good time to update everyone on what has been going on.

First, I must congratulate my little brother Timmy! On Thursday he was called to serve in the Omaha, Nebraska Mission. He reports on April 4. I am excited for him. He is going to learn so much. And I know he'll be a great missionary because he's so humble, and he has a big heart. And so the missionary work goes forth again with and Elder Nelson in the ranks. Elder Nelson V to be exact. I am proud of you, brother, and I love ya!

Second, I am grateful for goals and challenges. The family ward has been working on a goal to finish The Book of Mormon by June 3, 2012. It's been such a great experience thus far. My Old Testament teacher also challenged us to give up music for a week and replace it with General Conference talks. And, well, a huge difference has been seen this last week! By doing these two things, I know the Lord has been blessing and helping me greatly.

Third, I'm not only on a search for a wife, but even more importantly: I'm on a search for someone I can trust to be the mother of my future kids. Pretty crazy to think about, eh?

Lastly, this whole iPhone thing has been fun, but simply ridiculous/hilarious at times. Observe how I found Matt sleeping a few days ago:

2 comments:

Todd said...

Man I wish I was down there with you junts... haha

Cynthia said...

awesome! Miss you guys! Wish we were there!