Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Lord's Hand


We are often taught and encouraged to look for the Lord's hand in our lives as we go about our days. Sometimes the Lord's hand is obvious, while other times the Lord's hand is there, but we simply do not recognize it as that. For me personally, it has been difficult for me to recognize the Lord's hand in my life at times, but when I recognize it, I am overwhelmed with peace, joy, and gratitude.

I have been here at BYU-Idaho for almost two months now, and I have seen the Lord's hand in my life so much during these two months. To try and state each occurrence would be unnecessary, of course. But I do want to share an experience that happened to me yesterday that helped me recognize the Lord's hand in my life.

Today I have a project due in my Visual Media class, and so I decided to get it all done yesterday so that I wouldn't be scrambling around today trying to get it done at the last second. The project required that I mount what I had created to a 13x16 "mounting board" (for lack of a better word). It seemed like simple enough instructions, but the problem for me was that I had no idea how to use the spray room used to mount projects, I had no idea how to mount it in a way that it looked professional, etc.

In such situations, I feel like I just need a little input and/or feedback from another person to get me going in the right direction. And so as I went about my day yesterday, I kept a small prayer in my heart that everything would work out with my project. Surely enough, my prayer was answered. Arlan, a fellow classmate of mine who also happens to be a professor here at BYU-Idaho, showed up to the spray room and asked me if I needed any help or suggestions.

Long story short, I was in that spray room mounting my project to that "mounting board" for five minutes tops thanks to Arlan and his willingness to take just a few minutes to help my lost, uncertain self. As I walked away from campus with my completed project, it suddenly hit me that it was once again the Lord's hand (Arlan's help) that helped me complete that project.

The Lord's hand is evidence that He loves us and is aware of our situations. It is that unfailing love that anchors me when the trials and/or troubles come. And that love--the Lord's hand--will always be there as long as we let it and recognize it.

No comments: