Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Powerful Experience

First of all, I'd like to wish my sister-in-law Shayla a happy birthday! Sorry I am a day late. :/ The Internet was down all day yesterday...

Last night, we had the missionaries over to meet Tara and what not. The whole family sat with Tara and the missionaries, and they taught Tara her first discussion. It was POWERFUL. The Spirit was so strong, and I know Tara could feel it, too. Tara said the closing prayer (her FIRST prayer, might I add), and I was so proud of her!

It was definitely one of the greatest experiences I've ever had as a friend, and I look forward to continuing to work with Tara. The missionaries are coming back Friday night, and I am looking forward to it! :) Tara is also planning on coming to church with us on Sunday, and I am excited for that, too.

Keep me, the missionaries, and Tara in your prayers. :)

6 comments:

eBN said...

This is the coolest thing ever! This is one of the things that I regret in my earlier years... A) not having more friends that I could have shared the gospel with and B) sharing it with the few I had.

Todd said...

remembers a couple times with Erik back in the day... wonders how that junt is doing...

The Watts said...

When we pray for you each day, we pray for these very experiences for you! There is no greater way you can be a missionary than by your great example, you are awesome! I can not imagine any greater joy than to see those you care about accept the gospel!

Shayla said...

awesome! keep us updated.

Kerstin said...

I am excited for you and your friend Tara. You are a great example!

BDN said...

Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to tonight and Sunday. :)