Monday, June 8, 2009

Funny...

How much you can miss something right away.

Today I graduated from high school, and it finally hit me: I am done with high school. For some reason, I never thought about actually making it this far. To me--graduation was always for this people older than me--my older siblings and friends, etc.

But as my siblings have grown older, I now find myself in the shoes they were in 2-10 years ago. Just as they graduated, I have graduated, too.

I loved every bit of high school, and I will miss it a lot...

But honestly--the excitement I feel now outweighs my sorrow. I have yet to live life's greatest adventures--serving a mission, going to college, and starting a family--and to know that those three things are right around the corner...Who wouldn't be excited, ya know?

And so...Although it's funny how much I already miss high school, I think it's just even more crazy to realize that life's greatest adventures are an arm's reach away.

It's mission time!! :)

4 comments:

The Watts said...

What an awesome attitude, I wish I had loved High School that much, but I must say I was in it for the social asspects.

Cynthia said...

No worries junt, I thought I missed high school, but then I realized this is wayyyy better! Of course, I miss my friends and everythang, but yes it is good that your excitement outweighs your sorrows because life is great and it will only get better!!! See you in July junt!

Kerstin said...

Awe I can't believe you graduated from High School. Sometimes it seems like time speeds by way to fast. congrats on graduating and I am so proud of the man you have become! I love you!

Todd said...

All i know is when i went back and watched the spectrum show this year i couldnt belive it had already been two years since i was on the stage... time flies brother time flies