Sunday, May 31, 2009

Amazing.

Well, I have a little powerful/amazing story to share. Sorry this is a day late; I planned on writing it yesterday, but I was pretty busy. :)

As everyone knows, I have been going to the doctors to get my mission papers done. And while doing so, the doctor has been real worried about my kidneys after finding a lot of blood and protein in my urine.

I was starting to get worried, and my first thought was, "I always knew something was wrong with my health." Well, I went in again, and the doctor just decided to re-test me and hope that the problem just went away. He seemed really iffy about the whole thing, and he even sounded more worried this time.

But I knew that everything would be okay if I got a blessing from my Dad. And so the day before I went into the lab, I had my Dad give me a blessing. I could feel the power of the blessing right away, and I knew everything was going to be okay.

I went to this doctor's office this last Friday, and all the lab results came back negative/normal/healthy. The doctor was really surprised, and he left the office to go write a letter for me to give to the bishop. While he was gone, I start started crying. The Spirit was telling me that the reason I was okay was because of my faith, my prayers, and the blessing from my Dad. :)

The doctor even wrote in the letter that he doesn't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to serve anywhere in the world. You see--He wants me to go to Ecuador or Chile. (He's not LDS; he just really likes those countries.) :)

And then right after the doctors appointment, I went on splits with the missionaries and it was so cool! Tara and I went with Elder Doubleday, and we talked to a lady who was really nice, but she wasn't interested. And then we tried to talk to this one guy, but he attempted to "scare" us off by saying he was sacrificing a cat in his house, and he would only let us in if we drank the cat blood. HAHA. We just left the guy alone...

We then went to an appointment and taught this girl named Asia. She is ten and is part of a less-active family. She was a sweet girl, and she is supposed to be getting baptized on Saturday FTW! :)

Time for seminary graduation!! :) I am speaking, and it's going to be great. My best talk yet, IMO. ;)

5 comments:

The Watts said...

Congradulations on the blessing, I think it is important to really know where that healing power comes from, too often as humans we want to give the glory to man or chalk it up to being a fluke. I am so happy to know that things worked out for you! I love you!

The Watts said...

Also give me a call when you can, I have some somewhat distressing news and need your input to make a decision.

Todd said...

truly a blessing my brother! cant wait till you get your call! hopes its here before i leave but if not oh well lol

Shayla said...

Wonderful news Ben!

Kerstin said...

Oh I am so happy ot hear that. I was getting worried for you, I am glad to hear all is well!