Sunday, May 10, 2009

Greatest. Feeling. Ever.

"This is what it's all about."

Today was just awesome. I woke up, feeling a little uneasy because I kept having weird nightmares throughout the night--most of them being about me missing Tara's baptism.

The day just dragged on and on, and I was just really excited for Tara's baptism! So I just sat in my house, waiting and waiting.

Tara came over a little bit after 6 PM, and she and I were both starting to get a bit nervous. I was starting to feel like I didn't know the prayer well enough, and it was starting to worry me.
Before I knew it, we were all at the chapel. Tara and I dressed up in our jumpsuits, and then I started to really get nervous because people were starting to show up. My mouth was as dry as a desert! "I am going to mess up; I can feel it."-My thoughts.

As Tara and I both sat in the Relief Society room, though, waiting for the program to start, I turned to her and said, "We should both say a prayer." And so we did, and it definitely helped. I asked Heavenly Father to keep the Spirit with me as I preformed the Baptism Ordinance and as I went about my night.

The Spirit was definitely there and is still with me now. I said another little prayer before going into the font. I got into the font with Tara, and then all of the sudden my mind went blank. "Junk! What do I say? I forgot..." And then the Spirit took control and helped me out a little bit. All of the sudden, I was very confident with myself. I closed my eyes, and raised my right hand. And then the words just came to me. And then I dunked Tara! :)

After the Ordinance, we had a Testimony meeting. Wow. Elder Doubleday was right when he told me that the Spirit is super strong when you baptize someone. The Spirit was so strong during the testimony meeting, and everyone was definitely feeling it. There weren't too many dried eyes in the room!

And that's why this is what it's all about. My goodness! I cannot wait to get out there and teach people His message. I am so excited for Tara, and I am grateful for the experience she provided for me. "This is what it's all about." The Gospel changes lives, and it's so cool to see it happen!! :)

Missionary Work FTW!!!



5 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am so proud of you and you friend Tara. I wish that I couldn't have been so scared to share the gospel with my firned swhen I was in high school. You are such a great example!

eBN said...

Frère, you're my hero man! Honestly! Your testimonies along with Logan's and Luke's were just so on target. You've done great work looking out for them! A one word salute to you: booyah.

Tara, you made a wise decision. Always remember why you did and continue in wisdom. A one word salute to you: booyeah.

BDN said...

Thanks, guys!! :)

The Watts said...

You are a great example to all of us (sniffle, sniffle) You are going to be a great missionary (opps you are a great missionary)Love ya

Shayla said...

wish i could have been there. i heard it was an AWESOME baptismal service. what a special experience for you to have.