Monday, May 4, 2009

Fasting (2x)

As much as I love food, fasting has never been too tough for me (except for when I accidently take a drink of water from the water fountains at church). However, our ward is doing a forty-day fast, and our family signed up to do it today--the day after fast Sunday. And so I am fasting for the second day in a row, and I must admit--it's pretty tough!

I have never wanted a drink of water or some food more than I do now!

During Government today, I pulled my water bottle out of my backpack, and I was so tempted to take a sip. But I didn't.

During Calculus today, my friend Jeffrey pulled out all of his food and started eating it. He made himself a delicious bagel sandwich, and he usually shares with me, but...I didn't let him today.

I went down to work in the daycare, and watching the kids eat a delicious egg casserole was the worst! But then I heard we made more for dinner tonight, so that wasn't that much of a temptation. :)

The worst temptation today, though, was being outside in the hot sun with the kids and filling up a bunch of little cups of cold water for them--not me!

In fact...As I write this, my mouth is parched. I am so thirsty! Only a few more hours, though. :)

5 comments:

Theresa said...

forty day fast?

Todd said...

yeah is confused...

BDN said...

Forty day fast...It's when our ward fasts for forty days straight for missionary work and what not. Families in the ward sign up for different days in the forty-day time period. Today was the first day, and it will go on for another 39 with more families.

Easy as that.

Theresa said...

oh ok. collective 40 days not 40days a person.

The Watts said...

Usually if I can get past the first day, especially if I am fasting for something very special, I have no problem with the second. Of course I have only fasted from food and water about 4 times in my life, but they were all very grand experiences