Sunday, August 9, 2009

Operation: Elder Benjamin David Nelson (Part 8): The Temple

Last night, I went through the temple for the first time. :) It was so awesome!!

I woke up somewhere between 8 and 9 AM, and my Dad came in my room and told me that he and I were going to leave around 2:30 so that we could get to the Temple to buy my Garments and Temple clothes. (The Endowment session was at 6 PM, but my Dad and I had to be there at 4:30 PM.)

For the most part, I just sat at home until 2:30. However, around 11 AM, I went to SuperCuts and got a haircut because my hair was getting quite long. Afterwards, I just sat at home in my room, resisting any food or drinks in the house because I was fasting for myself before going to the temple.

Around 2:30, Dad, Matthew, and I set off. Dad and I dropped Matt off at Brent Nelson's house, and then we headed over to the temple. We got there around 3:30 PM and our first stop was the Distribution Center, where I was able to pick out my Garments and Temple clothes! It took quite a while to pick everything out, but it was definitely a fun little experience to have before entering the temple. And I am grateful to have a Dad who was willing to buy me everything I needed. Thank you, Dad!

As for my actual experience in the Temple...wow! I had a lot of people tell me before going that I shouldn't try to get everything the first time I went. Rather, I was advised to just focus on how I felt while I was there and what not. It was truly excellent advise!

Although it was nothing like I thought it was going to be like, the Initiatory was awesome! Brother Mormon was the guy who took guided me through it, and he was great. After that, I met back up with my Dad.

The actual Endowment session was so awesome! I'll admit I was a little lost at times (haha), but I definitely felt very peaceful during it. The Celestrial Room was so beautiful!!

After being in the Temple for a few hours, I was definitely able to feel a difference when I stepped outside the Temple. Although I was sad to leave the Temple, I knew that I could come back at any time! Which I plan on doing as much as I can before I depart in November. :)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Congratulations Ben! I'm sorry I didn't come down. I wish I could have been there. Love you!

Cynthia said...

We are so glad that we could stay and be there for it! It was awesome!