Wednesday, October 6, 2010

La Obra Del Señor: Una Obra De Milagros











Dear All,

Another week has flown by. I hope everyone took the chance to listen to General Conference. If not, I encourage you to go to the church's website to listen to the sessions that you missed. The talks are truly written for us. They are inspired, and they are from the Lord Himself. The Prophet and the Apostles are simply mouthpieces of the Lord. I testify that that is true.

My heart is full. This is the work of the Lord. And the Lord's work is a work of miracles. Ivan--our beloved friend and investigator--passed his baptismal interview this weekend, and he will be baptized this Saturday. (Listen to the audio clips for more of my thoughts on Ivan and His progress). I am so happy and excited for Ivan. He has truly come a long way. My only explanation for his progress is that he is TRULY receiving divine help from the Lord Himself as he strives to live the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel changes life, and I am so excited to be here in the mission. I am excited for this weekend. :)

There is so much behind the story of Ivan. This e-mail and the audio clips won't do it justice. I'll add his story to the list of "things that cannot be explained fully until November 2011". Haha.

We had a good week, and we are excited for another new week. We have a zone conference on Friday, and we are excited for it. Elder Birchall and I have the same birthday, and it'll be fun to see each other two days after our birthdays. I made him a card, and I'm gonna give it to him there. Haha. So it should be a really good week. I'm really excited for it! My first birthday celebration in the mission. The greatest!

Again, I want to let you all know that I have a powerful testimony of our Savior and His Gospel. I know that as we pray daily, we will receive help from God through the Spirit. I know that we can find answers to life's great questions in the scriptures--especially the Book of Mormon. I KNOW that book is true. It is truly a testament of our Savior and Redeemer. (See 3 Nephi 17!) I know that by attending church, we can renew our baptismal covenants, and we can have the Spirit to be with us. I know that the temples, too, our literally houses of the Lord Himself.

I love you all. I am grateful for everything that I have, really. I hope everyone has a good week! I am praying for each of you! Do your best and live the Gospel. The Lord will bless you with SO MANY blessings! :) Just do it. It's worth it.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

No comments: