Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No Hay Ningun Cambio









Dear All,

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Chile. I was surprised when I got in my bed last night. It started to pour rain! And when we woke up and looked outside, some of the mountains were covered in snow. Haha. But now it's hot outside. The weather can be crazy like that sometimes.

Well, good bye September, hello October! Can you believe that? If my calculations are correct, our ward should be welcoming home Steven Tolboe soon. Wow. It feels just like yesterday that I was saying goodbye to Steven. I can't believe how quick time goes. It's crazy. (Random thought, I know, but I just wanted to point that out before moving on to the good stuff.)

We had transfers. But we didn't have transfers. Haha. Elder Richardsen and I are staying in Olmue together for another change. We weren't expecting that at all. Why? Because that means that Elder Richardsen is now in his 6th transfer here in the Villa Alemana Zone. By the time he leaves here, he will have NINE months here in Villa Alemana. We were for sure he was a goner! But it's proof that the Lord's ways aren't our ways. :) We are excited for another change together! Another interesting change that I heard: Elder Birchall (my trainer) is now companions with Elder Mann (my 3rd companion); they are zone leaders together. Haha. That gave me a good laugh.

We had ward conference yesterday. It was great. It was really exciting for the members. It was awesome to see how excited the members get for something like ward conference! I will admit...I never knew what Ward Conference was until a year or two ago. Haha. But here...they advertise it like crazy, and everyone is so excited for the stake to come and to have the ward conference. :) And they have a reason for it! It was a great conference, and I enjoyed it.

We had a ward activity with on Friday, and it was great. Everyone brought their own dessert, and we listened to Elder Bednar's talk from last October. And then afterwards, everyone presented their dessert. (My companion presented ours: the brownies). And then we feasted. Haha. It was so simple, yet the members loved it so much. Haha. The members here are great. I love them.

Ivan is going to need some extra time to be baptized. He drank again this last week, and he's really been struggling. But we are going to help him out. No worries. :)

Well, I am basically out of time, but...I just wanted to encourage everyone to watch and listen to General Conference this weekend. Read and pray a lot during the week so that the Spirit can help you learn this weekend! And I promise everyone will learn/hear something that they need in their lives right now. That's why I love General Conference.

Also, get your hands on the new October Ensign/Liahona. I read it a few days ago, and it's great. I really felt the Spirit as a read about the Lord's temples. :) I reccomend that everyone reads it.

Well, time's up. Until next week, then. I love you all, and I am so grateful for the love and support. :) Take care!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

No comments: