Monday, November 8, 2010

Cambios: Un Compañero Mayor

Dear All,


We had cambios (transfers) today. I am staying here in Olmue for a third transfer, and I am really excited. My new companions name is Elder Zorrilla, and I hear he's fairly new in the mission. I also hear that he's from Paraguey. Pretty cool, eh? So I will be a senior companion for the first time, and I won't be speaking much English for the next six weeks (at least) because I'm living with alone with a Latin companion for the first time. I am a LITTLE nervous, but I am ready for the next challenge, and I am excited to struggle and be humbled.


Elder Richardsen is leaving to a ward called La Calera in the zone of Quillota. It's actually not that far from here, so we will probably see each other at the next conference. Pretty sweet! Elder McManamom is staying here again as Zone Leader, and we are excited for a 6th transfer together. :) Other big news: Elder Birchall (my trainer) is now one of the assistants to the President! :) It makes me happy to see all the missionaries having success here in the mission.


I forgot some facts about the Campana last week. I forgot to mention that we started the hike at 7 AM and finished at 4 PM. And that the top of the mountain was 1960 meters (6000+ feet) above sea level. Super random, but I thought it was worth pointing out. :) Haha.


All is well here. Juan and Natalia are going to be baptized next Sunday, and we are excited for that. :) I will keep you posted! It's going to be great to start the transfer off strong.


We had a good week other than that. Last night, we taught a really cool couple (Leo and Pilar), and we had a great lesson with them. The Spirit was really strong, and it felt good. We committed them to reading the Book of Mormon, and they are going to do it. :) If I've learned anything...it's that the three most important things are: reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and attending church. By doing these three things, we can receive revelation through the Spirit. And that's why we focus on those three things as missionaries--so that the people can be CONVERTED by the Spirit--not CONVINCED by us, the missionaries. And we all need to have our OWN personal conversion. So I invite you all to continue with your prayers, your reading, and attending church. You'll notice a huge change in your lives. :)


Well, I love you all, and I grateful for your support and your love. Sorry this is so short, but I will have more, exciting news next week. :)


Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

No comments: