Friday, November 5, 2010

Subimos La Campana Como Zona (Pictures, Too!)
























Dear All,

It was a good week. We had an adventurous P-Day yesterday. I will admit I am VERY sore right now. You see, it was 10 KM up to the Mine (where people usually stop and go back down), and then it was another 4-6 KM up to the TOP of the "Campana." So it was about 30 KM of climbing and going down in total. (That's 18.6 miles for those that don't know KM's. No worries; I don't know them either. My electronic dictionary does the conversions for me. :)) So yeah! It was quite the adventure! When we were talking to members and our investigators yesterday...a lot of them didn't believe that we made it all the way to the top! Haha. Because not very many people are able to do it. (Yesterday the people we saw going up and down looked like pro-mountain climbers! Haha.) But the believed us after seeing the pictures (which I hope everyone is able to see! I'm sending a lot this week.)

Well, happy November. The month of November is one of my favorites. If my calculations are correct...the family should be listening to some Christmas music right about now. :) Excellent!

Well, all is well here. We have a new guy in our ward from the States. He doesn't speak ANY Spanish, but his wife is Chilean, and she speaks English. Haha. And so he really likes talking to us. It's actually kind of sad watching him struggle talking to the members here! But it kinda helps me realize how far I've come myself. Haha. But yeah--we're going to their house this Saturday to eat lunch because they want to make us some "real American food." We're excited for that.

Juan and Natalia are great, and they should be baptized NEXT Saturday (November 13, 2010). I am really excited. Although...It'll be sad because chances are...Elder Richardsen won't be here (we have transfers a week from today). But a baptism is a baptism, and we're really excited for it. :)

I was thinking about the progress of Juan and Natalia. I didn't even know them a month ago. And now here they are--preparing for baptism. They've been to church four times in a row (which is remarkable), and they've just made so much progress. I remember when we first started teaching them, Natalia really struggled with her prayers (how to say them, what to say, etc.) But now she LOVES to pray, and she's getting super good at it. :) And they even prayed as a family (with their 2-year-old) Sunday night! A few days ago, I just felt SO grateful for the opportunity that I have to help these people come unto Christ and make these changes in their lives. There is NOTHING greater.

Speaking of Juan and Natalia....We had a funny moment on Sunday morning when we received a phone call at 8 AM or so. Haha. It was Juan! And he said something like, "Hey! Are you guys awake? You're going to church, right? I'm just calling to make sure!" Haha. You know you have a good investigator when he's keeping you (a missionary!) on your toes. It was awesome.

I love you all. I love the mission. I love the Gospel. I am excited for a new week, and I look forward to transfers next week. :) I'll keep you all posted.

Well, that's all for today. Choose the right, and keep the commandments! Trust in the Lord, and He will direct your paths. We're so blessed as members of the church of Jesus Christ. I promise you all that we can receive blessings as we live the Gospel. So let's do it. :)

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

1 comment:

H said...

great photos, thanks for sharing