Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No Hay Tiempo Para Nada. Hay Que Bautizar No Más.




Dear All,

I normally have a pretty good list of things to say. But this last week, I truly got "lost" in the work, and I didn't have time to note anything in my planner. But I guess I will start off by wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving this week! :) It's a little weird being in a place where they don't celebrate it. It's also weird that it's burning hot outside, and we're in November. I suppose I SHOULD be used to it by now, but I'm still having a hard time adjusting/accepting the new weather patterns. Haha.

But I am really grateful for the mission. I am grateful for my family, my friends, and for all the support and prayers that I receive from you all. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that we have. I am grateful for the blessings that come from living the Gospel. I am grateful for the leaders of the church, especially my mission president President Gillespie. I am grateful for the people of Chile and for the oportunity that I have to preach the Gospel here in Chile. (And that's only my short list.)

We had a good week. We had a lot of success, and it's been fun so far with Elder Zorrilla. We now have five investigators with baptismal dates. :) And I believe four of them are for Christmas. Haha. So hopefully it all works out! Ivan has a goal for December 18, and he attended church again yesterday for the first time since October! It was awesome, and it really helped him out a lot. Now hopefully he can achieve his baptism. :) He was four days away from doing it last time, and we know that he can do it!

We did splits yesterday with an RM and one of the YM from the ward. My companion went with Claudio (the RM), and I went with Jorge, and it was awesome. Jorge and I taught an investigator named Willy, but he didn't have much time. He wasn't all that interested, either. Haha. It was the first time that I had met him, and he basically just told us that he can't commit to baptism because he smokes. But we had better luck with a guy named Rafael. We found him sitting outside of his house, and he let us teach him right there on his porch. Jorge and I just talked to him to get to know him a little bit, and then he told us that two missionaries past by a long time ago and gave him a book, but he lost it. Haha. We pulled out a Book of Mormon, explained it to him, and let him have it.

But it was really cool working with someone like Jorge. He belongs to a family that really reminds me of my family. He's 18, and he's preparing for the mission. His personality reminds me a lot of myself/my three little brothers. He's sweet. Haha. But yeah. Working with him really made me appreciate all the YM that we have in the church that I preparing to serve the mission. I think it's a similiar appreciation that Elder Doubleday and Elder Milcarek had whenever I would work with them, and I am beginning to understand it now.

Juan and Natalia are great. They were confirmed yesterday, and it was awesome. In Gospel Principles, we talked about Eternal Marriage, and they are really excited to go to the temple in a year to be sealed. :) I am really happy for them. Oh, and Juan cut our LONG grass last Tuesday. (See pictures.) It was awesome! Haha.

Well, all is well here. I hope all is well back home, and I hope everyone eats a lot for me this Thursday. :) I love the mission. I'm not the greatest missionary. But I love the work, and I have a testimony of the Gospel. I've said it a thousand times, but I will say it again: I know Christ lives, and I know He's our Savior. We can only have TRUE happiness by following Him and His example that He set for us. I know that's true. I have no doubts. So let's follow Christ so that our Heavenly Father can bless us. :)

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

No comments: