Tuesday, December 7, 2010

La Mision Quiere Una Blanca Navidad






Dear All,

All is well here. We had a good week. :) We were able to teach 13 lessons with members, and that was a record for me in the mission thus far. Also, we had FOUR investigators in church yesterday! :) We were excited for that.

We had a ward talent show a few days ago, and it was interesting. The morning of the Talent Show, one of the sisters in the ward called me and asked, "Elder, I'm going to bring my dance group to preform. Is that okay?" I told her that it was okay, and I was excited, thinking it was a group of five or six kids. But we were surprised later that night when a group of 20 or so (some with ages of 4-6, others were teens, and other adults) showed up! AND all their families! To make a long story short, there were more non-members there in the church than there were members. HAHA. And because there were SO many people, none of the members wanted to show their talents. And so it basically turned from a talent show into a dance concert. :/ Haha. I felt really bad because it was our activity, and I'm pretty sure we could have planned it a WHOLE lot better. I felt especially bad for the members that came prepared to do something, but then they decided not to when they saw all the unfamiliar faces. But...I think everyone enjoyed it.

The mission wants a white Christmas! And so we've been inviting people to be baptized on the 25th of December. In order to be baptized, you need to attend church three times at least. Well, we have three investigators (Carmen, Marta, and Mercedes) who all have a pretty good chance of being baptized on Christmas. :) Ivan, also, has a baptismal date again (and he's doing a lot better), and his is for the 18th of December. So hopefully we can plan everything out really well and coordinate everything really well so that we can end the year off on a good note here in Olmué. :) Basically...I just want to leave this place (chances are: it's my turn to leave when we have transfers in two weeks) better than I found it. (That's the motto/challenge of Sister Gillespie. She wants us to leave our wards, our apartments, etc. better than we find them.)

There's not much else to say. I had another hard week, and Elder Zorrilla and I are just going to give the Lord everything we've got this week. Because I realized a few days ago that I still have a hard time with not thinking in myself. Haha. And the only way to get rid of that selfishness and forget about myself is to go to work and just keep working!

We have interviews with President Gillespie on Wednesday. I am excited. My first interview with him since July. Five months ago! :) I always learn a lot from President during the interviews, and so it'll be a great experience as always.

In a few weeks, I will be talking to my family on the phone. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying the true meaning of the Christmas season. I love my Savior, and I know He lives. I am excited to be here in the mission to share this Gift with others.

I love you all. I hope everyone has a good week! :) I look forward to hearing from you all next week!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: