Monday, December 20, 2010

¡Mis Zapatos Todavia Están Vivos!







Dear All,

Here we are in the sixth week of the transfer again. Time flies. Chances are I will transfered, and I will be spending my Christmas in a new area. Chances are Elder McManamom and I will finally be separated, too. That makes me a little sad, as we have been together since April (8 months!), but as I told President Gillespie...I am ready for a new area and a new beginning. :) I will keep you posted next week.

We had a pretty good week. We had our interviews with President Gillespie on Wednesday, and they went well. We talked a lot about obedience and unity. I really enjoyed it. I really have been blessed with a great mission President! I told President Gillespie that I was lucky because I still haven't had a companion that doesn't want to be obedient. And he just kind of looked at me and then asked, "Elder, you think that's something that just magically happens by coincidence?" And I didn't know what to say! Haha. And he just told me, "It's you, Elder. You and your example. So thank you for all that you do." We have SO MANY faults and weaknesses as missionaries but President Gillespie always finds the good in each and every one of us. I love it. :)

The Lord really has been blessing us here in Olmue. Things weren't looking good for our "white Christmas." But two weeks ago, we found a lady named Marta. In the first lesson with her, we invited her to be baptized on Christmas. She accepted, and she's gone to church the last two weeks! :) Now, she just needs to attend this week and be interviewed this Saturday so that she can be baptized on Christmas Day.

Marta is a special lady. She is 45, and she is a widow. She also lost her son. :( And she's still having a hard time with that. She told us a few days ago that she's a little bi-polar, too. It's a really sad situation. But yesterday she stayed for all three hours of Church, and she seemed to really enjoy it. :) We are excited for her because the Gospel is going to bless her so much!

We went to the Stake Center yesterday in Villa Alemana to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional via the Internet. It was very good. It was the first time that I've actually heard the First Presidency in Spanish. Haha. And I enjoyed it! It was also cool to see Sister Brunson in the orchestra, too! I thought I saw Brother Brunson, too, but I am not exactly sure. When I saw Sister Brunson, though, I started to look back on all the memories I had babysitting their kids two years ago during the Christmas season when they still lived in Vegas. :) Those were good days! I really love and miss that family a lot.

Speaking of children...I am so grateful for the Primary. The past few years, I have really enjoyed the Primary Programs that we always do in our wards. Yesterday, our ward here in Olmue had a primary program, and wow. Hearing the testimonies of 3-5 year olds really strengthened my testimony. The Primary Children ALWAYS bear such powerful, simple testimony, and hearing them yesterday really helped me realize that the Gospel of Christ is SO simple. Often, we complicate it a little more than we should! Christ showed us the perfect example because He loves us. We follow His example because we love Him. And by doing so, we receive blessings. I know these things are true.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season. I hope everyone is thinking about the true meaning of Christmas. :) I love you all. Keep up the good work.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7
I serve God. I serve Jesus Christ.
I'm His Servant, His Minister.
I know I was called of Him.
I know why I've been called, and I will humbly obey.

No comments: