Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Of The Best Weeks of My Mission Thus Far. :)











Dear All,

I'm writing a little bit later than usual this week because we just got back from a zone activity. It was awesome! We played volleyball and then afterwards we ate something called "choripan." It was great. It was great to spend some time with the other elders, and it was especially great playing volleyball for the first time in a long time. :)

This last week will go down in history as one of the greatest weeks of my mission! It was awesome! When I first got here, the missionaries were really struggling with teaching "lessons with a member present." Elder Judd and I have really worked hard on getting the members excited for the work and what not, and the ward already has come a long way. After doing splits twice this last week, as well as leaving to teach with a member DAILY, we were able to end the week with TEN lessons with member. Before that point, our highest amount was four. It was a great accomplishment! We also had an activity in the ward last Friday, and the members loved it. So we really have come a long way! But there is a TON of room for improvement. Now...I only hope President Gillespie keeps me here so that I can continue working hard here in Reñaca Alto. :)

We had our baptism yesterday! (See picture.) It was awesome. We were actually going to have it on Saturday, but we were surprised when we got to the church Saturday night and were informed that the water at the church was cut off and so they weren't able to fill the font! After a long discussion, we all came to the agreement that we would wait until the next day (Sunday) to have the baptism in the stake center after church. So alas! After church yesterday...We all made our way down to the stake center, and Olfa was baptized without anymore problems! :) It was awesome!

So all is well here. It's crazy to think that Elder Judd and I will most likely be spending our last week together this week. I CANNOT believe how fast the transfers fly by! It feels like I've only been with Elder Judd for a week or two. Chances are: He will be transferred, and I will stay because Elder Judd already has three transfers here. But...I've learned one thing about transfers: We NEVER know! Haha. So...No worries. Next week I will be sure to let you all know what happens.

Perhaps I am just weird, but...Sometimes I forget that I am here in Chilé on the other side of the world. Especially after being here for so long as a missionary. I really have "lost myself" in the work the last few transfers as I've strived to give the Lord my all. But I was thinking about it a few days ago...And I thought back to some of my goals and dreams that I've always since I was young. And one of my goals was obviously to serve a full-time mission. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to be here. But sometimes I forget that this has always been one of my dreams. Haha. But a few days ago, as we were working and preaching the Gospel, it finally hit me. "Wow, Elder Nelson! You're living one of your dreams! So enjoy EVERY moment." It hit me just like that. I am here fulfilling one of my life's dreams, and so I have to enjoy it while I can! So I'm going to do just that.

All is well here. I hope all is well back home. I love you all. I am grateful for you all and your support.

I want to let you all know that I have a testimony of the blessings and promises that we receive by living the Gospel of Christ. I am a witness that they are real! And that we are SO blessed as we live the Gospel of Christ. Perhaps one of the best things that we can do as God's children is strive to develop attributes of His Son Jesus Christ. As we strive to develop patience, charity, humilty, diligence, etc. we will be blessed! I promise you all that that is true.

Until next week! I love you all!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: