Monday, April 25, 2011

"Yo Quiero Ser Soldado Fiel A Lado Del Señor"
















Dear All,

It was a great week. The mission is awesome because every week is different even though we do the same thing every single day. :) This week was an adventure. A few days ago, we were supposed to have our Open House of our chapel. However, we were saddened when we woke up to pouring rain. :/ The Open House was cancelled, and we ended up working almost the whole day in the rain! But we enjoyed it. It was Elder Gasik's first rainy day, and he was loving it. And it wasn't too bad because we still had an activity with the members at night. Instead of an Open House, we had a movie night. We watched the Testaments, and then we ate some good food. The members were loving it! Reñaca Alto truly has come a long way since I arrived here back in February. I love the people here. I love this place!

With that said: We had "cambios" today. Good news! Elder Gasik and I are staying together for another transfer. :) We're really happy about that. I was surprised last night when Elder Jaquier (one of the Asistants from France) called me! He told me that he was calling on behalf of President Gillespie and that President had a new assignment for me. Yikes. I've been called to serve as a District Leader! I'm a little nervous, but I'm excited. I'm ready for the next challenge. I've never been a great, motivative leader. But I've always strived to be a good example to everyone around me. And I know everything will work out.

Well, I didn't really think all that much about what I was going to say after that. So I'm going to go off into "random mode." :) I've thought a lot lately about how fast the mission truly does fly. When I first got here back in January 2010, Sister Gillespie told me, "Elder, our time here is limited! So you just enjoy every moment." Well, when she told me that I didn't even have 24 hours in Chilé yet, and I remember thinking, "I dunno about our time being limited. Two years is a LONG time." Well, I'm just now beginning to understand what Sister Gillespie meant. Yes, at the time two years SEEMED like an eternity. But once you get to work and fly, YOU FLY. And so does the time. It's crazy. It goes especially fast whenever we get LOST in the work.

I've also thought a lot about progression and preparation. I've thought about what I learned in Primary and how it prepared me to be a worthy Priesthood holder. I've thought a lot about what I learned in Priest Quorum and how it all prepared me to serve an honorable, full-time mission. I've thought a lot about my mission and how it's preparing me for life. And I've thought about life and how it's preparing us to live with our Father in Heaven again. Eternal Life truly IS the greatest gift of God. And he desires that we all receive it. And we can! As long as if we are obedient and live His commandments faithfully. Our life here on earth truly is a time to prepare ourselves to meet God. It really is amazing, isn't it?

I love you all. I'm grateful for you all. For your love, your examples, and for your prayers. I've been blessed because of each and every one of you, and for that reason, I'm eternally grateful for you.

Until next week, then.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: