Monday, May 2, 2011

2 De Mayo: My Time In The Mission Is Limited!













Dear All,

I received a nice batch of e-mails today. I was happy to hear that Brent Nelson received work, and I was happy to hear about Justin Brunner's call to Ecuador. That's awesome! It hit me really hard today that a lot DOES happen in two years. I saw a picture of Luke last week (a picture that Mom sent to me), and he's a giant!! I think I'm going to be the shortest one in the family when all is said and done. :) But alas! It brings me great joy to see that all is well back in my homeland.

I've learned a lot about myself these last 18 months. I can be dramatic sometimes, I've learned--especially in my e-mails home. I just like to write, really. When I was young, I was always a big fan of writing stories. I like drama. But I don't like to act. It's hard. I've also learned that I'm a little kid trapped in a twenty-year-old's body sometimes. On the micro (bus) ride down here, I was acting as if I was on some kind of roller-coaster. (The micro rides can be like that sometimes.) Another thing I've learned: I can do hard things! I'm reminded of that one every day.

Anyways. It was a good week! We were ESPECIALLY happy yesterday when Elder Gasik and I left the house at 8:00 AM to make our way up Villa La Cruz (it's a HUGE hill in our area) to pick up Eugenio and his family for Stake Conference. The whole family wasn't able to make it, but Eugenio and his son José did. And it was awesome! They were really loving it! And Elder Gasik was REALLY happy to finally have some investigators in church. It was a great. We even celebrated this morning by making french toast and "mini torta" milkshakes. (See pictures.) It was perhaps the greatest companionship bonding moment I have ever had. Elder Gasik and I have a great companionship.

Last week, I wrote my mission President about how I want to be more consistent. I really enjoyed his short reply, and I want to share it with you all:

Elder Nelson IV, life is about constancy. Do it here, do it now and you will be blessed with the grace to be constant throughout your life.
You must be squeeky clean and make sure your companion gets started on his mission correctly.

Powerful advice right there. I enjoyed how he mentioned Elder Gasik. It really hit me that I need to STRIVE to be perfect so that Elder Gasik can get started on his mission correctly. And I think I've done fine thus far. I just have to keep working hard and being consistent. :) I also thought it was funny that he referred to me as "Elder Nelson IV." That gave me a good laugh.

Being a District Leader has been fun thus far! My first class went well. The Zone Leaders really enjoyed it. They said I did a good job of getting the district excited and what not. I also did my first exchange with Elder Fowler from Salt Lake, and that was a lot of fun!

We're having a lot of success, and we have a good chance of having six baptisms on May 28 if we work REALLY hard! We're excited. :)

I love you all! My time has run out. I want to say a lot more, but it'll have to wait for next week.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: