Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Confession, A Cure


Meet BDN-PC. He's my new laptop that I recently got with my scholarship money. Although he's a new friend, he and I have shared a joyful memory or two already. I love this piece of machinery.

However, I must confess that I was a little heart-broken when I realized that a good 50 GB of its 120 GB hard drive space has already been used up with the operating system, the programs, DROPBOX, and mission pictures.

The question haunted me for days: "What the devil is going to happen to my thousands of files of music?" You see, I personally own a good 30-40 GB of music. But with only 70 GB of HD space left, what was I to do with this crap load of beautiful music?

I decided that I was never going to listen to ALL 30-40 GB of that music. So I decided to tone it down and only put my favorite albums on this small piece of machinery. I began to transfer the music over wirelessly. But it was taking forever. And something didn't seem right.

A voice suddenly spoke to my mind. "Screw it. Spotify is the key."

It hit me like a sack-full of potatoes. I immediately deleted all the music from BDN-PC, and I downloaded and installed Spotify within a matter of 2-3 minutes (thanks to BDN-PC's quickness).

Spotify had everything I wanted to listen to (PLUS MORE!) as long as I had an Internet connection. It was love at first listen.

But little did I know that my love for Spotify could run even deeper. It all happened so quickly. In fact, it was about ten minutes ago (11:17 PM). I am sitting here waiting for my little brothers to call for a ride home from the Foothill vs. Basic game. And I have a huge urge to put on some Ben Folds Five.

I turn on the first album that catches my eye. The Unauthorized Biography Of Reinhold Messner is its name. And I am thinking, "This looks good."

Oh, it was blissful. The album started off with a tune called Narcolepsy. And I am thinking, "Okay, okay. Pretty good, pretty good." Before I knew it, I am hearing Don't Change Your Plans. Then Mess. And then Magic. By this moment, the tears are beginning to roll down my face.

"Beautiful music." I say to myself.

Then Hospital Song- A Cappella begins to play. I start to bawl.

And now I am rocking out to the some-what explicit Army while wiping those tears from my face one by one.

My confession is simple: I love Spotify. It's an antidote to BDN-PC's inability to hold my personal collection of music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great. Post.