Saturday, October 13, 2012

Blogging Spree: No Tengo Nada En Mente

These last few weeks (months, even) I have been in this whacky artsy and/or creative mood. And that may or may not explain all these blog posts that I have thrown out there recently. I dunno. It actually might not be all that artsy or creative. But I'll blog anyways. Why? Because I can. And I want to.

This time around, though...I really have no idea what I want to write. But I  have gained a great love for something called improvisation. Rather, I like to improvise and make things beautiful along the way. Don't get me wrong...I prefer to plan things out in advance and execute those plans exactly. And that's usually what I do with blog posts; I have a nice little plan of what will be written.

But not this one. It's coming out just as quick as I can type all these words. No plan whatsoever. The above picture is giving me an idea of what to write about, though. You see, I ran into this Slender look-alike while I was cruising along the Las Vegas strip. Las Vegas Boulevard, to be exact.

You might be wondering why I was there. Well, the simple answer is I had no choice; I had to go to the Belagio Gallery of Fine Art for an art assignment. And while I was out there on the strip, a sudden realization stuck me. "This is great. I have never been on the strip alone."

The truth is: It was an adventure, yes. But it only was an adventure because I got lost a handful of times. I won't go into detail, but I will say this...I am grateful for a lot of skills I learned as a missionary (i.e. speed walking, asking for directions, etc.) I was walking around like a blind cheetah; I was walking with haste, but I had no idea where I was or where I was going.

That adventure took place...well, yesterday. And now that I think about it...As awesome and fun as it was to be out there on that journey, it also kind of stunk. I was alone in an unfamiliar environment. I didn't have a friend, a sibling, or a companion to turn to. And that's what I am used to! I am almost never alone. I like figuring out crap myself. But when I can't figure it out, there's always that comfort that comes from knowing that I have a sibling, a parent, or a friend that I can turn to for answers.

But I simply love figuring out the crap; I love the adventure. And I think getting out there and being in unfamiliar environments is the key to growing and progressing.

No comments: