Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BDN Update (4-21-09): Standing On The Bridge

Well, I just thought I would take some time and update everyone on my life.

It's really starting to feel like summer time here in Vegas. As hot as it is here, I really do love the summer time here, and it is sad to realize that this will be my last one here until 2012. But I am excited at the same time. :) Fifteen more days until I start filling out mission papers!

I have never been so sick and tired of school. Part of me wishes that I would have just graduated early because senior year so far has totally not been worth it--to me, it was beginning to seem like a waste of time more than anything. However, the last few weeks have been great, and I think it'll end up being a great final year of school in the end. I just got graduation announcements, and that is exciting because that means graduation is right around the corner!

Other than mission and school, I have just been up to a bunch of random stuff. I have been helping out in the daycare, tutoring my friend McCall, and babysitting the Brunsons--all as usual.

Since most of my senior friends are busy, I have enjoyed being the oldest kid in our ward and hanging out with freshman, sophomores, and even my eighth grade friend Charlie. Charlie is a huge BYU fan, and he and I had a good time at Youth Conference this last weekend. He and I teamed up with my friends Megan and Levi for most of the activities, and I would have to say that canoeing was my favorite adventure. The water was cold, but it was a lot of fun to tip the canoe over.

We had a fireside at the house on Sunday, and we watched The Testaments in the gameroom. It was great! A lot of the youth in my ward hadn't seen it before, and it was great to see the spirit touch so many of them. Oh, and it's also been great to see how my good influence has impacted the younger youth in my ward. I'm not trying to be cocky and say I am perfect or anything, but a lot of the younger youth in my ward have been coming up to me and saying how much they have changed since they have been hanging out with me. It just makes you feel good, ya know?

Tara is doing well, and she is inching closer and closer to baptism! I am so proud of her, and it is so awesome to see the Gospel come into a friend's life. The missionaries said that I could baptize her, and I am totally looking forward to it! As of now, the baptism is set for May 16, and I am so excited for Tara!

And that is all for now! Stay tuned; the next few months are gonna be an adventure!

1 comment:

Todd said...

The greatest! Remembers when the girl from EFY used to tell me that in emails and stuff hahah *thinks i know how BDN feels* its the best!