Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Death Of BDN's Facebook

It is true. I am getting rid of my Facebook, and I will miss it. Facebook has been what I do with my free-time the last two years, and I always enjoyed using it to keep in contact with old friends and family.

However, the last few months, I have found Facebook.com to be a huge distraction to me. Not only is it that I use it WAY too much, but it is also because some of the things going on on Facebook have been bothering me, and I would even go as far to say that it has been making me a little sad lately. (HINT: Girls and the confusion they inflict on my heart; haha.)

Anyways...No matter what the reason, I am almost 100% certain my decision will benefit me greatly. I explained in a message I sent out to all my Facebook friends:

Dear World,

After thinking about it long and hard for the past few days, I have decided to get rid of my Facebook.

Facebook has been really great the last two years, but it has been a huge distraction to me the past few months. And I can’t afford to have big distractions like that as I continue to prepare to serve an LDS mission later this year.

Again, I have nothing against Facebook, and I plan on coming back to Facebook.com when I return home from my mission.

If you really, really want to talk to me, you can contact me here:

E-mail:
sirbenjalot@hotmail.com
AIM/AOL: sirbenjalot610
Windows Live Messenger:
sirbenjalot@hotmail.com
Phone: (702) 564-8580

Also, I would love to have everyone’s e-mail address so that we can all keep in touch the last 6-7 months before I go on my mission. If fact, you MUST send me e-mail addresses and mailing addresses so that I can go ahead and write everyone’s name down so I can write everyone while I am on my mission.

I will be officially deleting my Facebook on April 12, 2009. Until then, feel free to contact me on Facebook or whatever else you want to do. :)

Yours Truly,
BDN

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

HAHA! Remember when we went to Mervyn's and you were like "those signs are so bright, must sit down!"

BDN said...

HAHAHA!!! *remembers*

The Watts said...

Very awesome!

Todd said...

shall miss... but has other means of communication!