Sunday, March 29, 2009

This Weekend

This last week was another special one, but the weekend was even better, which really surprised me.
On Friday, I was in such a bad mood because of some things that were bothering me. And then I figured out that my Dad was losing his job, and I that didn't really help me at all. Friday was starting to become one of the worst days I had had in a long time.

But as I was working downstairs at JoAnn's daycare, I had a lot of time to think about what I could do to make the day better. I decided then that I was going to go out there and do something good for someone.

I started it off with the Shills as soon as I got off work. The Shills have been extra good to me this school year, and I have tried to repay them in anyway that I can. Brother and Sister Shill were out of town on Friday, and so I went over to their house and checked on the rest of the family to see if they were doing alright. We talked for a little bit, and then I offered to buy them some pizza. And so my buddy Megan and I went to Little Caesar's and got some Hot 'n' Readys, and we took them back to their house. I was starting to feel better already!

Shortly after dropping Megan and the pizza back off at their house, I made my way to Timmy's volleyball game. It's been cool this year to go out there and support my younger brother. Even though Timmy's team lost, it felt good to go out there and cheer him on! After the game, Timmy, Tara, and I went to Subway, and I bought them some footlongs. Again, it felt good to do something fun/good for someone else. By this time, my day was saved, and I couldn't believe that I was in such a bad mood earlier!

The missionaries then came over after Subway to have another discussion with Tara. They gave a lesson on fasting, and they challenged Tara to fast on Sunday. She accepted, and then the missionaries left. Tara and I talked for a little bit, and then I took her home because I was way too tired for my own good. However, when I got home from taking Tara home, I was up for another two or so hours because my friends Jeffrey and Robert came to visit me, and while they were away with my basketball that I let them borrow, I talked to some friends online. I still got plenty of sleep, though! :)

Saturday was sweet. I woke up and took Timmy to v-ball practice and then I went and picked up our friend Skyler. Skyler and I went to the church to help clean, and that was a lot of fun! We went to McDonalds after that, and then we went back to Foothill to watch Timmy practice; it was sweet!

After all of that, I was pretty bored, so I went over to the Shills' house, and hung out for a little bit. Megan and I looked at a lot of my Facebook pictures, and it made me realize that I have so many ridiculous pictures on there. Some of them made me laugh quite hard!!

Sunday was the best. Church was AMAZING. I can't remember the last time I felt the Spirit so strong. It was fast and testimony meeting, and I found myself up there once again. I bore my testimony on service/giving and keeping the commandments. Tara, once again, enjoyed it, which was awesome. A lot of powerful testimonies were shared, and it was awesome!

It was also the fifth Sunday, and so the Young Women and the Young Men were combined. One of the YW leaders gave a lesson on finding a testimony for ourselves. It was an awesome lesson, and then she gave us the chance to bear our testimonies when she was done. I wasn't planning on bearing my testimony for the second time in one day, but Megan (sitting behind me) kept kicking my chair, and so I decided to go up there. This time around, I shared how important it is to have a testimony with you at all times, and then I encouraged everyone not to wait to obtain a strong testimony of the Gospel. (Megan said the testimony was "deep" and that was good, because I wasn't quite sure what I was going to say when I first got up there. Haha.) A lot of excellent testimonies were also shared here, too, and I was proud of Tara going up there to say what she had to say! It was just an awesome day at Church!!

After church, Logan and I went and collected Fast Offerings. The Shills' envelope was in our bag, and so we decided to save them for last since we would probably go inside to visit for a while. We did, and they were eating some lunch. Sister Shill offered us some, but I was still fasting, and so I had to politely say no thanks. I told them I would come back later to get a root beer float, though. Haha.

Back at home, I decided to work on a little story that I had been working on for Megan. It was a story about a spoon we had created, and I thought it was pretty sweet! I ended up finishing it, and then I took it over to their house before going to an Eagle Scout court of honor. She and her family enjoyed it! Good. :)

And....that was my weekend!! ;) Here are a few sample pictures from the story that I wrote for my friend Megan:


2 comments:

Todd said...

hahah sounds like a blast hahah had an uneventful weekend although i did go to monsters vs aliens which got me a good laugh lol

The Watts said...

I am glad you had another awesome weekend, like you by weekend I was feeling a bit shaddy, with a new manager and so other mishaps of the week (some malicious prankster putting our address and phone # on the web) and then finding out that your dad had lost his job, but then we decided to fast for the family to pull together and get through this, especially that a new job would be found in a timely manner, then our Fast Meeting focused on the Atonement and it was so deep, I shared one of the greatest things that I have learned from the atonement and that is to forgive, even those who sometimes don't seem worthy of our forgiveness. The Lord has given us the opportunity to see all of his children the way he sees them, if we only seek that gift through prayer and if we do that, how can we do anything but love them?