Monday, March 23, 2009

One Of The Greatest Weekends Ever

Well, I am sorry this is about twenty-four minutes late, but it has been a long day! ;) I made it home from Provo safely last night, and the trip home was long but fun. Luke stayed up in Utah with Mom for track break, so I had to drive home by myself. As soon as I got on the freeway, I was dead tired, and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it; however, via 88 oz. of Mountain Dew, I was able to stay wide awake the whole way home, even if it meant ten stops to use the bathroom. Also, snow was falling like crazy between Scipio and Beaver, which was nice to see one last time before spring sets in 100%! :)

As for my actual vacation in Provo...Wow. What a fun and emotional weekend! It was definitely one of my most memorable trips, and I will never forget it. Luke and I left after school on Wednesday, and the rest of the trip looked somewhat like this:

Wednesday
-Arrived in Provo around 7 PM.
-Went to Macy's with TAB, Chris Berry, and Luke to get Kong Kones.
-Watched Taken with Chris.
-Ate Pizza Hut, caught up with Chris, and laughed harder than I had in a long time!
-Watched a few online clips of Dragon Ball Evolution. Worst. Movie. Ever.

Thursday
-Watched BYU vs. Texas A&M basketball game; BYU lost.
-Shot Harry Potter basketball shots! Made it all the way to the Half-Blood Prince shot!

(Note: There is a church building right across the street from Chris Berry's house, and they have a basketball hoop in the parking lot. The hoop is in the middle of a bunch of parking lines, and Chris decided a few years ago that he would come up with a Harry Potter basketball club. For example, if you could make it from the third line (pretty much a three point shot), you were in the Prisoner of Azkaban club; if you made it from the seventh line (pretty much a full court shot), you were in the Deathly Hallows club.)

-Took Luke to Mom's house.
-Went to Applebees with TAB and Chris; delicious!!
-TAB spent the night at the Berry's house, and we fell asleep to the classic Willie The Sparrow.

Friday
-Attempted the Deathly Hallows shot; failed!
-Watched more March Madness (AKA Utah getting destroyed!)
-Looked at hilarious Youtube videos!
-BYU Volleyball Game #1! We beat Long Beach State in a fifth game 15-7.
-TAB and I raced to the movie theatre after the game to witness Knowing. It was a pretty good movie until toward the end when it got all religious and what not. Really stupid ending, and I don't really reccomend the movie, really.

Saturday
-TAB, Brian Davis and I went to Chuck E. Cheeses.
-Went to McDonalds twice--once in the morning with Chris, again with TAB and Brian after Chuck E. Cheeses.
-Attempted Deathly Hallows Shot. GOT IT!!!
-Watched a little bit more March Madness with TAB and Brian!
-BYU Volleyball game #2! BYU beat Long Beach State again in a fifth game 15-13. Great, great game!
-Went to Costa Vida with TAB and Brian after the game!

Of all days, though, Sunday was definitely the most memorable, though. I can't remember if I pointed it out yet or not, but Chris is my first really, really close friend (other than my brothers) to go on his mission. He absolutely nailed his farewell talk, and I could barely sing the closing hymn "Called To Serve" because I was leaking like mad. It is truly bitter-sweet, though. Yeah, you shed tears because you are going to miss them, but at the same time, after you are done crying, you remember what missionary work is all about. And you can't help but be proud of your friend and the decision they have made. I know that I am very proud of Chris and the decision he has made, and I know he is going to be an excellent employee for the Lord the next two years as he serves full-time in New York! :)

In other news...I got a haircut, and I am pretty much bald now. Check it out! :)

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Woah, who's that guy in the picture? I will have to agree it was a pretty awesome weekend! Love you!

Todd said...

cherishes... misses... sits at home bored...