Sunday, July 5, 2009

Operation: Elder Benjamin David Nelson (Part 2)

This Week: A+

Today was a pretty special day. In Sacrament meeting, I received my Duty to God award, and I got a sweet medallion for doing so!

I then taught the twelve-year-old Sunday school class (Logan's class). Tara and I have been teaching this class the last few weeks, and I believe we have two more weeks of teaching before Logan's teacher comes back. They are a fun class, and it's been fun!

It was my last day in Priest Quorom today, and it was sad to sit in there with my fellow quorom members and my leaders one last time. Although it made me sad, I was very excited to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood after church! My Dad ordained me after church, and it was a very powerful experience. I look forward to attending Elders Quorom next week! :)

After church, my good friend Brady and I took the Sacrament to a lady in our ward, and then Logan and I went and did two envelopes of fast offerings. T'was truly a great adventure, and it felt good to help out with those Priesthood duties.

I got home and read With Full Purpose of Heart. I have been reading a lot of books like it lately, and they have been very inspiring! I got this book from the Shills for seminary graduation, and I'll have to be sure to thank them a thousand times because it's one of those books that just teaches you so much! It's the best.

I took a nap for a while. When I woke up, I saw that my friend Megan was home from her cabin trip, so I went over to her house, and we exchanged gifts. She and I have been great friends since last Fourth of July, and so she and I decided to kind of celebrate that. Haha. I gave her a box of random goodies, and she carved me something while she was up at her cabin. Afterwards, she and I just talked for a while about what was going on the rest of the summer, my mission call, etc.

As for my mission papers...they were submitted by President Peterson this last week. I was hoping to get my call this Thursday, but President Peterson didn't submit my papers until a few days later than I thought he would. :) At first, I was disappointed because I personally reminded President Peterson to submit my papers three times on Sunday. Haha. But...I talked to my Dad tonight, and he really got me thinking! At first we were talking about how great of a Stake President President Peterson was, and how he truly is an inspired leader. And so my Dad said, "What if he submitted them a few days later because you need to be called to a certain place?" That really hit me hard, and all the little disappointment that I had was suddenly lifted. :) I am truly grateful to have Bishop Stewart and President Peterson as my leaders!

So I will probably get my call next Thursday, but it's always a possibility to get it this Thursday! We'll just wait and see. Mom, KT, Matt, and Cynthia...I plan on calling you guys when I open it! So although you won't be able to be here in person, just remember that I am thinking of you guys, and I will have y'all on the phone! :)

Truly a great, powerful week!

7 comments:

Todd said...

The greatest! Glad you had an excellent week brother! I personally give mine a 'c-' haha i stayed up late a lot of days and woke up late too... although i did keep up with my scripture reading and the like, but didnt do much exercising... guess it just happens when you have family in town and other company lol

eBN said...

Me: F-

I always get F-minuses.

So man! We'll all be there man and it will be tight! I'm pretty sure Pres. Peter' had to hold on to that puppy to assure your call to England man! The day I got my call we opened it (everyone was on the phone somehow...) and then a bunch of my college buddies and I went and hiked the Y and ate a ton of ice cream.

Shall we? HAHA.

Todd said...

Haha wishes i could be there but we just gotta trust in God man he knows whats best!

(right after opening my call me and my roommates went to the prospective missionary fireside cause we had to write a summary for our mission prep class lol then me theskids seth and kyle got some juicy burgers! lol)

eBN said...

@Todd, you want BDN to go to Romania too, eh?

Cynthia said...

That is awesome! Joe and I can't wait to find out where you will be serving the Lord!!!

Todd said...

@Brent, that would be sweet but wherever BDN goes is wheres hes supposed to be man! lol of course you know that though

The Watts said...

Yeah, sometimes I think we forget that Heavenly Father has his own time and plan for us, but generally in retrospect we can see the wisdom to why certain things happen, I have had a pretty rough week and not being able to be there with you when you open it has made me really sad. I love you though and am waiting patiently for next week when you get it.