Monday, July 13, 2009

TAB's Farewell

Tonight I said goodbye to my best friend/cousin TAB. TAB will be serving his mission in Romania, and I will not see him until I get home from my own mission in the fall of 2011.

I remember about three years ago when both of our brothers--Skyler and Matt--were on their missions. I told TAB, "Man, we are next! We gotta start getting ready." Ever since then, TAB and I have encouraged each other to keep preparing, we've shared with each other how excited we are to get out there on the Mission Field to teach people the Gospel, etc.

And it's great to know that the day has finally arrived. While TAB reports to the MTC on Wednesday, I will be opening my call the next day. Before I know it--I will be out there on the field doing the same thing as TAB.

I will truly miss my brother TAB. But I am truly grateful for the bond we have created over the years--especially the last four years since I have moved back here to Vegas. I also look forward to the day when TAB and I will meet again so that we can share all our powerful missionary experiences with eachother! Truly a bitter-sweet moment. It's going to be a good two years for both of us!

Love ya, my brother!!!

2 comments:

The Watts said...

Congradulations TAB, didn't realize you were leaving so soon, I am sure you will do great! As for you young man I can't wait till you open your call and find out you are going to South Africa, Obpa says Outer Mongolia by the way. At any rate it will be exciting to see!

Todd said...

Thanks for that brother! Good Luck! Cheers! (gotta run lol)