Sunday, July 12, 2009

Operation: Elder Benjamin David Nelson (Part 3)

This Week: A
Well, this last week was another good week! I worked on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday as usual, and nothing really exciting happened!

On Thursday, I was hoping to get my mission call a week early so that TAB could be here for it. :) However, I didn't get it; and TAB and I are still happy for each other!

TAB, Tara, and I went to Institute on Thursday, where we attended the Mission Prep class. It was awesome! Afterwards, TAB and I went back to my house, and we went on an excellent bike ride. Tara went with a few friends to go bowling.

TAB and I watched some videos online while we waited for Tara to get home. You see--Tara stayed the night at our house because she was departing with my family the next morning to go to Lagoon in Utah. For those of you who don't know, I was originally planning on going, but I really felt like I needed to stay here for some reason. (I am so glad I did, too, because I have been spending lots of time with TAB the last couple of days, which has been excellent, as he will be leaving in two days!)
Anyways--Tara finally got home, and we talked for a while. Before we knew it, it was 1 AM! We went to sleep shortly afterwards.

My family (and Tara) departed to Utah the next morning, and TAB and I woke up nice and early to help with the Daycare. I worked from 7 AM to 2:30 PM and then from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM; and it was great to have TAB there with me to help out! Afterwards, I treated TAB to 20 McNuggets.

On Saturday, TAB and I went golfing with some friends, and it was actually a lot of fun! I did pretty good for a first-timer. ;) After that, we went and got some slurpees and some food. To our surprise, my Uncle Karl was cooking up some steaks when we got home from our adventure. Even though I had just ate, I happily accepted the steak and ate it! T'was delicious! TAB and I then went to swim at the Walker's house, and then I made my way back to Henderson.

Today, I went to church, and it was sweet. I taught both the 12-year-olds and the 15-year-olds. It was pretty good, but I learned that it's very hard to teach a bunch of teenaged kids that just want to talk during class the whole time! ;)
I attended Elders Quorom for the first time, and that was sweet! It really made me feel pretty young, though. Haha. I talked to Bishop after church, and he told me that this week will be the week I get my call! So I am really excited!! One week from now...I will know where I am serving the Lord. CRAZY!!

Well, as for now...I am just spending some more time with TAB at his house. I will truly miss him, but I am excited for both of us as we shall both serve with honor!! :)

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Wow, I can't believe that Todd will be leaving on his mission this week, and I can't believe you will be getting your call this week. I am so excited for you!!!
It sounds like Tara is just part of the family, I can't believe she went to Lagoon with the family and you didn't even go. I need to meet her one of these days as it sounds like she is practically my adopted sister ;).
Love ya Ben!!