Monday, May 10, 2010

Siempre Recibimos Muchas Bendiciones Del Señor








Dear All,

Update: My bottom is back to 100% health and a lady in my ward even sowed my pants! Most excellent. :)

Happy Birthday Tara and Tori this last weekend! :)

It was great talking to my family yesterday. Even though it was short with them, hearing their voices helped me a whole lot. I have been worried about my little brothers a lot, but after talking to them for those short few minutes, I knew they were okay. And for that, I am grateful. My talk with them was a booster for me (afterwards, we went and taught a lesson, and I had a lot more energy than I usually do, and it was easier for me to focus.) It was good to hear from all my parents, and I know our family is being blessed for our great faith and obedience. I hope everyone had a happy Mother´s Day. :)

Manuela ended up getting baptized, and it was the greatest! It was such a good baptism, and I was honored to baptize her. My companion was actually supposed to baptize her, and I was supposed to confirm her, but...I kind of hesitated when she asked me to do it (because the confirmation is much harder), and then she over heard me tell her husband that the baptism is much easier to do. HAHA. And so, of course, she said she wanted me to baptize her and Elder Mann confirm her. The water was much colder than usual, but it was a lot of fun as usual. (See pictures.) There is nothing greater than baptisms; I have seen Manuela´s life change right before my eyes, and it is definitely the best part of being here--seeing people progress and change. And seeing them so happy! There is nothing greater.

We had an activity after the baptism and our objective was to get references from the members and what not. Haha. Well, actually the objective was to show them how uneffective "contacts" are. And so we did a skit of us doing contacts and getting rejected, etc. It was an awesome activity, and guess what? Elder Mann and I got 4 references yesterday! Four more than I´ve had in a very long time. :) Haha. But yeah, I included some pictures of the skit, and a video of me backstage. The greatest.

It´s starting to get a little colder here, and it´s even rained a few days. It really stinks working in that kind of weather, but...the best part is: The work still goes forth! :)

I´ve really learned how to LOVE people on my mission. I´ve developed a lot of charity, I think. A lot of that I owe to the Book of Mormon. That book has blown my mind away the last few weeks, and I have challenged myself to finish it by the end of this month. We really can learn a lot from that powerful Book. I testify that it is the word of God, and that if we read it and ponder its words, we will see blessings come in our lives. We will become better siblings, parents, children, etc. Our lives are just MUCH better when we consistently read the Book of Mormon and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I testify that that´s true!

I am involved in a great work. The mission changes you; I am no exception. We are being blessed for our obedience and our righteous desires to follow in Christ´s footsteps. He is our Savior and our Redeemer. Let´s be obedient and press forward in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love you all. As always, thank you for all your love and support. I have been blessed with a great family and great friends. Each and every one of you have a special place in my heart. I am who I am because of you all and your examples. Thank you.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

No comments: