Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Me Voy A Villa Alemana y Estoy Listo Por Otro Cambio. :)





















Dear All,

As I explained a little bit last week, we are doing changes/transfers differently now. I received my call Saturday night saying that I was being transferred (but they didn't tell me where) so that I could say bye to all the members and investigators at church the next day. We just got back from our zone class, where we had a testimony meeting followed by the transfers. :) (It's better this way because now we can tell our families ASAP!) So here I am telling you my transfer. :) I am headed to a zone called Villa Alemana, and a ward/branch called Olmue. I am excited because it's in between the north and south, and it's as flat as a pancake! I am really going to enjoy that after hiking/climbing hills the last four months. :) My new companion is Elder Richardson from Canada, and I am excited to meet him tomorrow. :) He has the same amount of time in the mission as my trainer Elder Birchall, and from what I've heard--he's a great missionary. It'll be a good week! Especially since Elder McManamom will be going with me to Villa Alemana as a zone leader! I'm going to miss Cerro Alegre. I've had some great memories here, and I am grateful for the things that I've learned.

It was a weird last week here in Cerro Alegre, though. Last week, I went to buy some sheet covers. The lady told me that it was 920 pesos, and I gave her a bill of 2000 pesos. Haha. I was really surprised when she said, "It's a false!" Well, to make a long story short, she accused me of paying her with a conterfeit, but explained to her that I had received that bill from the post office. Haha. She didn't accept it, and that didn't bother me--as long as if the cops didn't get involved! ;) Turns out that my bill WAS real, but it was an other edition. I spent it somewhere else. :)

We also had fun when Elder Sylvanstoke received a big package from his family. Wow. This package had EVERYTHING (see pictures), and it was fun to open it with him. It brought back memories and made me miss a lot of stuff from the states, though! Especially the Reeses Puffs and the peanut butter M&Ms. ;)

We were walking home a few days ago from a lesson when we saw this HUGE fire. At first, I thought someone caught their tree on fire. As we got closer, we found out that someone's house caught on fire. :/ And it was actually a house that I had knocked on at least five or six times, so I knew the people that lived there. I felt terrible that night because there was so much I wanted to do for that family, but there wasn't really anything that I could do! We returned the next day to find out that THREE houses actually burnt down. We talked to one of the guys who lived there, and we offered our service to him. He said something that really surprised me. He said, "Thanks for the help, we'll let you know when we need it. We're all okay, thank goodness. We lost everything, but we are lucky that none of this stuff matters." Wow. He said that to us with his destroyed house right behind us! I really amired this man and his attitude about the whole thing. It was cool; the people here really are humble and what not.

Well, the truth is: I am ready for the next challenge and the next transfer, but at the same time, I am scared to death! But I found a lot of comfort in a talk that I read by Elder Erich K. Kopischke. He said, "You cannot tell the Lord how it should happen, but with faith and trust in Him, it often will work out well" (Liahona, July 2010). I know that advice really is true! I love how he says it OFTEN will work out well. We aren't promised that EVERYTHING will ALWAYS work out well if we trust in the Lord. Life would just be too easy that way. :) I have really come to love the challenges and the trials that God gives us, and I DO know that if we rely on the Lord and put our trust in Him, He WILL guide us and direct us through the Spirit.

I had a great seminary teacher my junior year, and I will always be grateful for three things that he taught me: 1. God is in charge, 2. Christ is our Savior, and 3. The Holy Ghost testifies of truth. God will put us in hard times because He's in charge! But we overcome these trials by applying the Gospel of His Son Jesus Christ to our lives so that we can have the Spirit leading and guiding us through the trials. And that is the reason that we have missionaries all over the world--so that we can spread this happiness, this joy.

I know that Christ is our Savior, and I am grateful for all of your examples and testimonies. I love you all, and I hope everyone has a good week! Until next week. :)

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

No comments: