Monday, August 9, 2010

Ya Estamos En La Semana 6










Dear All,

A lady just asked me if she could borrow my pen, and I lent it to her. It's funny to think that I would have not understood a word she said seven months ago. Haha. Another random fact: I saw William Lovell in this month's edition of the Liahona. Pretty cool! The other Elders thought it was really cool that I actually knew someone in the Liahona. Haha.

Well, sorry about my e-mails the last few weeks; they have not been well-written. I hope that this one is a good one; we had a good week here in Cerro Alegre. It's crazy to think that we are already in the final week of the transfer; it has flown by. The weekend will be interesting because I heard that they are doing transfers/changes differently now. They are now calling us Saturday night if we are leaving our ward--but they won't tell us where. So that'll be nice for next week's e-mail; I'll be able to let you all know if I am staying here in Cerro Alegre or not--opposed to waiting a whole week later. :)

So I ended my last e-mail with the family that we found. They are doing well, and now they have baptism dates (which brings us to a total of six people with baptism dates; at the beginning of this transfer, we had zero!) for next month. We had a funny moment last Monday, though. I mentioned that we were going to have an FHE. Well, we had the FHE, and it was...a little interesting! The Dad of the family ended up inviting EVERYONE to the FHE, and it went from FHE to...family reunion! Haha. It was a lot of fun, but it was just a little weird. :) But like I said--they are doing well, and it'll be fun to teach them more this week.

I did intercambios with Elder Henriquez (he's one of the zone leaders) a few days ago, and we taught a lesson that really reminded me of home. Haha. One of the girls that we were teaching looked exactly like Tara. Haha. And during the lesson, we used the example of how prayer is like a sandwich--the first and last parts are always the same (the slices of bread), but the middle is alkways different (the stuff in the middle). Haha. And when we used this example, this kid walks in and starts arguing with us about what we should and shouldn't put on our sandwiches. HAHA. And he sounded, looked, and talked just like Luke Nelson himself. It was a great one. :)

Well, yesterday was interesting. We talked to a bunch of kids in the streets who were saying to us, "Hey, YOU HAVE TO GIVE US A PRESENT!" Apparently, they have something called "Dia De NiƱo" (Child's Day) here. Ridiculous, eh? It gave me a good laugh. I think the Daycare kids back home would love that day if we had it in the States. HAHA.

Well, I am out of time again, but I encourage you all to watch the YouTube video "Forgiveness: My Burden Made Light" for FHE tonight. Elder McManamon and I watched that video a few days ago, and the Spirit was strong. It was a great example of how our faith in Christ should be. Because the truth is: The trials and challenges are going to come! It's part of this life. But the best way to handle them is to build your foundation on Christ. It's a good video, and I am striving to develop that same testimony and faith in Christ. So that when the trials and challenges come, I can turn to the Lord for comfort and peace. It is the best way! I love my Savior, and my testimony of Him and His Gospel grows every day here in the mission. :)

I love you all, and I can't express my gratitud and appreciation for each and every one of you. You are all heroes in my eyes. Thank you!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

No comments: