Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas In The MTC

Hello Everyone!

Six weeks. Wow. I can't believe it! We had a district leave this week, and now my distirct is the oldest one in our zone. What happened? Where has time gone? I'm not so sure. :) But it's good to be so close to leaving for Chile. ;) It'll be great! My Spanish...haha!...isn't that great. I am probably the slowest one in my district. But...you know what? I have no problem with that! When I got here, I knew nothing, so...I'm making progress. And I have faith. I'll struggle when I get to Chile, but I'll get the language eventually. Only if I rely on the Lord for help, though!

Christmas in the MTC was great. We had a Christmas Eve fireside, and it was a lot of fun! We sang the "Twelve Days Of Christmas (MTC Edition)", and THAT was a gem to behold. It was the coolest! Afterwards, they let us go back to our rooms early; it was good. :)

Christmas Day was amazing. We woke up and opened presents as a district (we had a little tree in my room), and that was awesome. We did a little Secret Santa, and I got a scripture case for my El Libro de Mormon and my Santa Biblia from my good friend Elder Hardisty. :) It was great.

After opening gifts, we had a Christmas Morning Devotional. L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us, and it was the best! Even better...He stayed at the MTC and ate lunch with us in the MTC cafeteria!! It was pretty crazy seeing him in the Cafeteria just sitting with a bunch of missionaries eating. I wasn't able to talk to him or anything, but...wow! Being THAT close to an Apostle of the Lord! It was truly an amazing thing. :)

The rest of Christmas day was pretty much free time. We were told to just reflect on what Christmas was all about; and we were encouraged to write our families. So I did that before going to the Christmas Talent Show, which was great! There were a lot of good performances by the missionaries who tried out; I loved it. Especially since the MTC Presidency's Wives made a bag of popcorn for EVERY missionary in the Mtc to eat during the show. it was great.

we ended out christmas day with a fireside. greg olsen came and spoke to us. he is an lds artist, and his work is beautiful. i reccomend everyone to check it out. :)

oh yeah. mom, thank you for the package. it's the best. :)

(this computer is really bugging me because the shift key isn't working for some reason...lo siento.)

just so luke, logan, and timmy know...we have blueberry muffin tops at the mtc. they would absolutely love the amount of cereal we have here. :) haha.

on sunday, we had a great district meeting. we all went around and told each other our stories and bore testimony. everyone in my district is so strong, and their stories blew my mind. i haven't been through anything compared to some of these elders. the spirit was so strong, and it was amazing. i, of course, shared mine and tara's story again, and then bore powerful testimony of our savior. it was great. :)

we had a funny moment in the rc. we were making calls in spanish for the first time, and i said, "puedo hablar con juan?" (can i speak with john?) and his daughter says, "he's not here right now." haha. and i continued talking in english. our district was laughing hard, because i was so ready to talk in spanish, but she changed languages on me. :)

well, i have less than two minutes left. i must go. :( i love you all, and i hope everyone had a great christmas. update me with everything going on at home, por favor.

with love,
elder nelson iv
helaman 5:12


P.S.
I forgot to say a little something! Luke and Brent...Happy Birthday!!!! :)

Haha. Sorry I forgot! My good friend Elder Erwin let me borrow his minutes to send this, though, so...thank him. ;) Haha.

No comments: