Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Mi Familia y Amigos,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My heart isn't only full this week. My heart grew; and then my heart was filled again. Week by week, I am molded into the missionary my Heavenly Father wants me to be.

I've come along way. To be honest, I was so insecure when I got here that I actually questioned myself and my faith. I didn't think I could leave the world behind! However, I've transformed the last five weeks, and the difference is...amazing. When it is all said and done, I will never be the same person that I was before I came here. No doubt in my mind.

I just heard from Brent that BYU won last night. That makes me happy! How did you like the game, Luke? I am glad you went in my place to cheer for the Cougars! :)

My time is short. My mission president wants my family to send me letters in Chile starting next week so that I will have letters to read when I get there. BUT...you should still send me letters to the MTC. :) Haha. Here is my Chile address:

{check facebook}

Oh yeah! Dad, I got the stocking and the goodies from DearElder.com. Thanks alot! It gives me something to look forward to on Christmas. :)

The Lord answers prayers! The last few days have been really tough because our teachers left, and one of the subs is pretty sticted! Haha. And it was a big change, and Monday was going to be hard for me. But Sunday night, I prayed that I might be strengthened and comforted on Monday to help me get through the day. I got EIGHT letters on Monday from family and friends; I can't think of any other way to be comforted. Monday was a piece of cake. :)

I was in the RC the other day, and we were doing our usual routine of making calls and trying to get referrals and what not. Well, it was the greatest! I called a lady in Hernando, MS, and she didn't sound too happy at first when she picked up the phone. Haha. I told her that I used to live in Southaven, and she got a whole lot more happy. I asked her if she would meet with the missionaries, and...she said she would! And then she told me that she would spread the word as well. Haha. It was sweet! So I hope she meets with the missionaries soon, and I hope something good comes from my phone call. :)

Christ is our Savior! Elder Applegate and I were teaching in the TRC (where we get to teach real people), and while I was teaching about the Atonement, I could feel the Spirit everywhere in my body! Not only the burning in the bosom; rather, a burning in the everywhere! It was such a powerful feeling. I've learned a whole lot about our Savior since coming here; He lives! And through Him, we can return to our Heavenly Father again. There is no other way; none of us are worthy to enter His pressence without our Savior's help. None of us are perfect without Him!

Elder Andersen came last night, and gave a very powerful talk about the condencension (can't spell it) of God. It was awesome!! And all his grandchildren sand us a Christmas medly. It reminded me of home. :)

Well, I am out of time! Lo siento!! I love you all. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yours Truly,
Elder Nelson IV
D&C 103:36

No comments: