Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Full Heart

Dear All,

My heart is full. Hermano Shulca told us a story of when one of the general authorities came here (can't remember which one) and mentioned that this place was guarded by angels, and that he saw them as he was driving in. I would be lying if I said I saw any angels; however, I have felt their presence, and I can testify that it is true. This last week was unbelieveable; I am not the same.

I want to share a quick story from the weekend. It starts on Friday when I wasn't feeling really good. Because I wasn't feeling good, my good friend Elder Hawkes and I were permitted to leave MTC campus to go to the Urgent Care down the street. I had a really bad cold, and they just gave me a perscription for musinex. I thought I would recover easily, and it would all be good.

This was the worst cold of my life! On Saturday, I was pretty much in bed all day. :) It got worse and worse, and I will admit that I really, really just wanted to go home so that Luke, Timmy, and Logan could nurse me back to health! :) However, I took the proper medications and what not, and I got better before Sunday.

Sunday was awesome!! It was our first fast Sunday here in the MTC. (It's crazy to think that it's already been three weeks! At the same time, it's felt like a year or two already. Wow.) Anyways...It was great. The Spirit was very powerful. We had a two hour mission conference in the morning, and it really reminded me of the Stake Conferences back at home. :) And then we got to watch the Christmas Devotional. Wow. I hope everyone had a chance to watch it! I LOVED the Tabernacles Music.

For the first time (beginning on Sunday), I was REALLY happy and really excited to be here. After getting through that sickness and relying on the Lord more fully, I literally went through a change over night. I realized that it's true...."Not MY will, but THINE be done." Again, this work isn't about me! It's about opening the doors of the Celestial Kingdom to the people of Chile! (Wow. I got a little teary-eyed right there.)

I want to thank every one for all the DearElders and the letters. I will be writing everyone back soon! Grandpa Brunner, thanks for the cookies! They were great. :) Aunt Lori and Uncle Tim...I will write you back, but...to answer your question...I like all cookies! ;) Haha.

Dad, thanks for sending me Elder Brunner's e-mails and Sister Loyd's e-mails. I love it. It's great to hear from everyone! I also heard from Elder Berry! It is especially great to hear from him and Elder Brunner because I am right behind them in the work, and they are great examples. :)

Logan told me the Scotts were moving? I can't believe it!

I was wondering if I could get Brother Larsen's address? Brother Larsen went to Vina del Mar, and I think it'd be cool if I could go find some of the people he taught and what not. See how they are doing and what not. :)

Oh yeah! Last week...I forgot to say this: A)I'm glad BYU beat Utah and B)Scott actually had my SD card. We uploaded some pictures before he dropped me off, and I left it there. Oops! Haha. It made me laugh. But speaking of which....Dad! I got the SD cards on Monday. Thank you so much!

Great fact: The Spanish LDS Bible didn't come out until THIS year. I am very lucky and grateful to be here and to have the brand new LDS Spanish Bible. I think it's crazy that it's brand new! Wow.

Last night, we heard from Elder Costa, the president of the Seventy. He is from Brazil, and he was HILARIOUS. He shared his conversion story, and it was AWESOME. He didn't speak English, yet the Spirit was SO strong. And I know it'll be the same for me in Chile; my Spanish won't be perfect! In fact, it'll be far from it. :) But...I am preparing to teach by the Spirit; I am not on my mission to learn Spanish! I am on my mission to teach by the Spirit. And last night proved to us that we don't need to be perfect in the language for the people to feel the Spirit. :)

I challenge everyone to read the Psalm of Nephi. 2 Nephi 4:15-36, I think it is. It is a beautiful thing!

I know this Gospel is true. JesuCrist es mi Salvador! I love you all; again, be sure to take advantage of DearElder.com while I am in the MTC. :) I love you guys, and hope to hear from everyone more this week!!

With Love,
Elder Nelson
Helaman 5:12

No comments: