Thursday, December 17, 2009

One Month!

Dear All,

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any better...it does. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with three gifts: His Son, The Holy Ghost, and Eternal Life. Three powerful gifts. My heart is full this Christmas season.

It's already been four weeks. Wow. It seems like it's been much, much longer than that, though. It's just crazy! Thank you everyone for the letters this last week. Scott sent me my SD card, and it was great to have my pictures back. ;) Haha.

I only have 17 more minutes so I will make this fast!

I am excited for Christmas. I got a Twelve Days package from Brent's family--from Baby Brighton and Baby Seth. I love it! Today I opened up the "Connect Four" game for the 4th day! It's great!! I love it. Thank you Brighton and Seth! Uncle Ben loves and misses you.

Last week I got a haircut. My hair looks better now. Haha.

Mom and Grandpa Brunner and Company! Thanks again for the cookies and cinnamon rolls. They were the best. :)

This last week was a week of growth. Elder Applegate and I really noticed that our companionship was really lacking--we weren't exactly doing things the way we should. And so we made some changes, and we went to the TRC to teach a lesson on Saturday, and the Spirit was so strong!! Words would just come out of my mouth; words that I wasn't planning on saying. The Spirit is SO important in this work; The Spirit does the converting! And the guy we taught felt the Spirit and loved our lesson. As we came out of the TRC, my heart was so full. I was so excited, and I just had this urge to go to Chile and convert thousands!!! Saturday night was one to remember!

But Monday was the complete opposite. Monday wasn't a good day. Our district got really frustrated because we were pretty much told that we haven't been doing things the right way the last four weeks! HAHA. And so...We took that as a "Hey, you Elders haven't learned anything since you got here." And so a lot of us were really frustrated, and the Spirit wasn't with us. However, Hermano Cragun came that night to teach us, and the Spirit came back--he told us we were doing great, and he told us what we can do to do better--and the day just ended on such a good note.

And then Tuesday (yesterday) was excellent! We were suppose to SYL (Speak Your Language) all day, but it just didn't work out. Especially when Elder Boyd and I were cleaning toliets. He and I don't know any Spanish bathroom words yet, and it was tough to communicate while cleaning toliets. HAHA. However, we will try again on Thursday!

Last night we heard from Elder Maynes from the Seventy, along with his wife Sister Maynes. Sister Maynes is a convert, and she was introduced to the Gospel via her husband, who also baptized her! It was a cool story. And then Elder Maynes gave us steps on how to make our missiona celestial mission. It was a great talk!

Again, I am excited for Christmas! Brent wrote me and said that he hopes I don't get too homesick during Christmas. And yeah--it's true--I'd like to be there at home for Christmas, but...I'd rather be here in the MTC right now. This experience is the greatest Christmas present I've ever received. This Christmas is going to be special--just like this Thanksgiving was.

Haha. So Elder Fanene and I have gained a few pounds since getting here, so we are both now on a soup/salad/other healthy stuff diet. My district doesn't believe I can do it, but I will prove them wrong. I've already done it two whole days! I've resisted all chicken as well. ;)

Oh yeah! I memorized the first vision in Spanish. It's weird. I am not sure how it happened. One day I woke up, looked at it, and realized that I could say it without looking at it. My district was really surprised. As was I!

Remember: Every member a missionary!

We heard from the BYU's Men choir on Sunday. It was the best!! Great. Christmas. Concert.

I love you all. I know that this Gospel is true. Trust in the Lord, and remember that if you do so...He will direct your paths! We are all blessed to have this Gospel knowledge in our lives. Thank you again, everyone, and Merry Christmas!!

With Love,
Elder Nelson IV
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: