Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving And All Sorts Of Stuff! :)

Dear All,

"Tough times don't last; tough people do." This is a quote that Elder Fanene shared with our district a few days ago. It is so true!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving here in the MTC was unbelieveable!! Jeffrey R. Holland came and spoke to us, and it was awesome!! I've never seen anything so powerful. As for the food...It was very delicious, and it was just such a good day!

The Spanish is coming along pretty good. My favorite thing to do is sing Spanish Hymns! :) Haha. It's awesome! I love it.

We watched the Joseph Smith movie the other day. Wow. I've seen it a bunch of times, but I've never been so moved by that movie. I know that Joseph Smith had EVERYONE (including our generation) in mind when he fought through all that persecution. In a sense, Joseph Smith was doing a TON a missionary work by living through that. And so why should I complain about the MTC (THE MTC!) being hard? My heart is full.

My new motto: work hard, BE OBEDIENT, and have fun. Obedience with willingness and exactness! I decided that I will only write letters on P-days like I am supposed to. I used to write at night before I went to bed, rather than write in my journal. But I am working on being more obedient. It's the most important thing.

I now understand why missionaries act/feel the way they do when they get home. I don't mean it to sound rude or anything--I am sure everyone understands--but...I am already forgetting what Henderson was like! And it's only been two weeks. ;) I can't imagine what it'll be like in two years. I now understand the "getting lost in the work." It'll only hit me harder as I get to Chile, too.

I decided to start a "Quote Book" for my district. For all our funny moments and what not. They love it! Every time someone says something funny, an Elder will say, "Elder Nelson! Quote Book, Quote Book!" Haha. I love it.

Elder Hardisty got the swine flu and has to stay locked up in quarentine for SIX days. Wow. However, we were able to talk to him on the computer via "Virtual Classroom" for a few minutes yesterday. It was awesome! Haha. JoAnn and Mom, no worries! I have been protecting myself from the flu. :)

Last night, we heard from the President of the Primary, Sister Lant. She was awesome! She compared us missionaries to the 2,000 stripling warriors! It was a great talk. We also got to sing "Called to Serve" AND "We'll Bring The World His Truth." THAT was awesome. The best part about "We'll Bring The World His Truth" is that they change "will be the Lord's missionaries" to "are now the Lord's missionaries." It's so powerful!

Also at the devotional last night, we sat next to some ASL missionaries. WOW. They are awesome! Going out to preach the Gospel in sign language....Man! THEY are the elite of all of us missionaries. I've never seen any missionaries so happy and excited in my life. They are going to serve the Lord very well; I know it, I could feel it.

I ran into Elder Neil Espinoza from Orchard Valley Ward the other day! The greatest! Please add him to the list, Dad: elder.espinoza@myldsmail.net :)

Dad, could you also find out what President Walker's e-mail address is and send him my e-mails? He wants to hear from me. Also, I was wondering if I could get Sister Lamb's address. Along with Sister Mann's (our neighbor) and the Black's? Whoever is willing to mail those to me...It'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Every Tuesday we do a service project here. We get to clean our residence halls!! The greatest! Elder Boyd and I do toliets every week. It's AWESOME. Haha! I've never been so excited to clean toliets in my life. ;)

The Gift of Tongues is real. It blows my mind to realize how much Spanish I have learned since two weeks ago. Wow. And I can even pray in Spanish now. Unbelieveable!

HAHA. Timmy, share this scripture with Levi and Skyler. Proverbs 28:25. THIS is why I am so fat; no because we went to Taco Bell all the time. :) HAHA.

Keep praying for me. I know you guys do, along with the 133 temples out there who pray for us NONSTOP. It's amazing how many people pray for the missionaries. It's awesome. :)

I love you all, and I miss you all. But this is my home for now--like I've said before--and I am so happy to be here. It's crazy to think that I am technically already in my third week. :) I hope everyone enjoys the holidays! Update me on how everything is going. :)

Yours Truly,
Elder Nelson
D&C 103:36

P.S.
dearelder.com is a GREAT site to use to write me in the MTC. Use it. :)

No comments: