Monday, March 8, 2010

Cambios Hoy Dia







Mi Familia y Mis Amigos,
¿Comò estàn usteds? I hope all is well. :) I want to thank everyone that e-mail me this last week. I also got a bunch of letters from Dad and JoAnn via snail mail. It was good to hear from you all. Gracias por su apoyo.
It´s March. I can´t believe it. I was looking in my journal, and it´s weird that it´s already almost been a year since Dad lost his job! It´s been a year since Chris Berry left on his mission! Haha. It just blows my mind to think how fast time really does go. I am almost at my four month mark. Holy Cow. :)
We had a special moment yesterday at Stake Conference. We had the opportunity to hear from President Monson, Elder Bednar, and Sister Lant via a telecast. It was way sweet. It was a special broadcast in response to the Earthquake, and it was a very good meeting. Surprisingly enough, I actually understood most! And that was an excellent sign. Sister Lant´s talk was intended for parents and how they need to teach and prepare their children. She mentioned the Stripling Warriors, tambien (just like she did when she spoke to us in the MTC; it was a similiar talk, actually. Just in Spanish. Haha.) Elder Bednar and President Monson both gave excellent talks on the Healing Powers on the Atonement. They were both very good, and the people of Chile were happy to have witnessed it--especially our recent converts, la familia Araya. :)
Speaking of Investigators, we are having problems finding good, committed people right now. We have a lot of investigators, but a lot of them just aren´t very committed. So that is something we are going to really work on this next week. :) We have a kid named Matias, who is part of a menos-activo family. And he will probably get baptized this next transfer/change. :) The family is really excited to get reactived and what not! (Now...hopefully I stay here in el Barrio Brillador so that I can be part of it. :))

Which brings us to cambios. We have them tonight for sure, and it´s going to be fun to see who stays and who goes. :) We know that Elder Tabares (Elder Briones´s companion) is leaving to Valpo to be trained as a Zone Leader. Other than that, we don´t know anyone else´s fate. :) I am hoping to stay here for at least one more change, because I am just now getting to know my way around, the language, etc. But...the Lord decides where I go and who I am with. The only choice I have is to be obedient or not. :) And I am fine with where ever I go because I know it´s where the Lord needs me. :) And with that said...I am really going to miss these Elders (whether they go or I go), especially Elder Tabares. He gives me a hard time with the language and what not, but it´s funny, and I love it. I will miss him and his good example.
For the brothers: They DO have taco bell here. But only in Santiago (that I know of). I just heard a few days ago from Andy (a guy in our ward who served in California, he speaks English!) that they USED to have one here, but they got ridof it. What a shame! If I could, I would order 75 tacos again like I did that one time for FHE. :) Excellent.
Also, I think everyone should invest in the excellent DVD "Reflections of Christ" and "Another Testament." It is a DVD with a slideshow on it, but the photographer who did the pictures of Christ...wow. It´s way good! I recommend it to all. :)

I hope all is well. I have days where I just think it would be so much easier to just throw in the towel and go home. But then I remember why I am truly here and what the Savior has given me, and I have no choice but to smile and press forward with the work. I have seen Christ´s miracles, and I am here to share His Gospel with muchas personas here in Chilè.
I love you all, and I look forward to hearing from you all again soon! :)

Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

P.S.
Enjoy the pictures. :) There are some good ones! And today...we have a bonus. :) A video of this crazy dog. Every time we walk toward him, he jumps OVER the wooden fence and THEN starts barking. Haha. No me gusta eso perro. :) Enjoy!


No comments: