Monday, March 29, 2010

Estoy Muy Agradecido Por Esta Oportunidad






Dear All,
Another week has flown by. Elder Boyd and I had the oppurtunity to do exchanges again this last week, and that went well. We actually got into a house, taught a lessond got a new investigator from it. During the lesson, there was another templor, and it was measured as a 6.0. It was pretty scary! Elder Boyd and I thought it was going to turn into a big one. And wow--it´s already been a month since the earthquake. That´s just crazy.
General Conference is this weekend; I am really looking forward to it. It´ll be fun to see in Spanish for the first time. haha. My challenge and my hope is that everyone watches it with their families and really ponders the messages. We can all learn something from General Conference; the messages are meant for US, afterall. I hope that every one takes the time to watch and learn something new from our Prophet and His apostles. :)
Life in our new house (AKA el castillo) is pretty good. It´s been a lot different, but I think we are adjusting just fine. It´s good to be with Elder Briones, and it´s good to actually live in our ward boundries. :) Haha. Of course, I miss Elder Boyd and the other Elders from the other pension, but...we are are still in the same zone, so it´s good! We had a soccer match this morning (Brillador vs. CompaƱia Baja!), and every one was surprised by how much I´ve improved. HAHA. I got four goals or so. And Elder Boyd just kept saying, ¨"Elder Nelson! By the time you leave this place, you are going to be AMAZING!" I scored on one of the Zone Leaders, too, and you should have seen the looks on their faces! HAHA. Elder Bales (the other zone leader) said, "Elder Bastian! You just let ELDER NELSON score on you?" Haha. By the time we were done playing, they actually were looking out for me and making sure I was never open. It was just a lot of fun! :)

Anyways. This last week was good. We had our failures and we had our sucesses. When Elder Boyd and I found that new investigator, we were just SUPER excited. Despite our weaknesses (mainly the Spanish) the Lord still opened that door for us, and we were able to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and the blessings that come from reading it. It was the best! Elder Dupre and I also had four investigators attend church yesterday, and that was super sweet! We are really looking forward to Matias´s baptism next week. :)
And so we are in week five of this cambio. I can´t believe it! Time continues to fly here in the mission, and I can´t believe it´s almost been five whole months since November 18. These five months have changed me in a lot of ways, and I am reminded every day of the Lord and His tender mercies. I know that it is only through our Savior and His perfect example that we can obtain Eternal Life! My testimony continues to grow every day. My favorite thing to bear testimony of during lessons is that our families can live together forever if we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my knowledge of these things--for the knowledge that I CAN live with my family forever. There is nothing more important to me.
During the sacrament yesterday, I was reading a few hymns--both in Spanish and in English. Wow. I love the hymns that we have in the church. I challenge every one to read the first presidency´s message in the front of the hymn book. (It´s so true what they say!) Maybe it´s something every one can do for an FHE or something. And then READ the words of a three hymns before singing them. I testify that you will feel the Spirit as you do this. The ones that really stuck out to me yesterday: "Be Still My Soul", "Our Savior´s Love" and "I Stand All Amazed."
The Savior lives and He loves us. I testify that it is only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can obtain Eternal Life. I know that it can be difficult, despite the simplicity of the Gospel. But I know that if we do everything we can to be obedient, we will receive blessings in this life and the greatest blessing of all--eternal life.

I love you all. I am grateful for the oppurtunity to leave everything behind for two years in order to serve the Lord and to invite these people to come unto Christ. I hope all is well, and I look forward to hearing from everyone again soon. :) Enjoy the pictures this week! I´m going to send a few more in another e-mail, I think. ;)
Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

No comments: