Monday, March 29, 2010

La Carta Sin Fotos. ¡Pero Hay Muchas Experiencas Buenas! :)

Hello All,

I hope this e-mail finds every one doing well. Sorry this is coming on a Tuesday; we had interviews with the President yesterday. :) It went well; I learned a lot from our little conversation, and I know without a doubt now that the mission presidents are inspired men of God.

But yeah, for future reference, if I ever DON´T e-mail on a Monday, it´ll most likely be moved to a Tuesday. And if I ever get called to the mission office (I have a feeling it´ll happen some day), my P-days will be Saturday. So yeah, keep that in mind. :) Haha.

No pictures today either. Oops. For some reason, my camera is not working on this computer. It´s like that here in Chile. Some places have really nice computers, and everything works fine. Haha. But we are e-mails from Centro de La Sarena today, and we are in a pretty ghetto Internet place. I´ve already restarted this thing two times! So...pictures next week. :) I promise.

This last week was pretty good. We found a lot of new people to teach, and our progressing investigators are doing well. Matias will be baptized this transfer/change, but I am not so sure about Manuel and his kids. They will be baptized eventually, I think. Just not in this change. :)

I can´t believe it´s already week four of this change. Time is flying! before you know it, it´ll be cambios again. And who knows if I´ll stay in La Sarena or not. I wouldn´t mind either way, really. :) I love this place, but I think it´ll be fun to move somewhere else.

Speaking of moving...we officially moved into a castle this morning. Excellent. I have mixed feelings about it now, though. Haha. I am going to miss Elder Boyd. He and I have been together since November 18! Wow. Of course, we will be in the same Zone, though, until the end of the change, so at least we will see each other once or twice a week. :) I´m sad to leave the zone leaders, too. Haha. They have become my good friends the last few days. The good news: I am excited to live in the same house as Elder Briones. The greatest!

I saw Elder Birchall at our Zone Conference this last Saturday. It was funny because he and I were getting confused--we kept thinking we were still companions. HAHA. He was walking up to me, and then he was like, "Wait. You aren´t my comp anymore." It was good to see him.

One thing president told me that really stuck out: The second transfer/change is the hardest one. I´ve talked to other Elders about that, and they´ve said that the first and second WERE really hard for them. It was just weird for me because--well--so far nothing has really been super hard for me. I really do think I have been blessed; and now I do feel like all the preparation I did has paid off. Of course, my Spanish isn´t the greatest, but...it´s enough to get into people´s houses and to teach them. :) And that´s all that matters here in the mission. (But of course, I will continue to keep working on it.)

I can´t really think of anything else to say today. This one might be shorter than usual. :) I will say that the mission is truly a time of change and of testimony-building experiences. I only have four months, and here I am--10 times stronger in the Gospel than I was when I left. The mission truly shapes you into the person your Heavenly Father wants you to be. :)

I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only thing that can make us eternally happy. He is our Savior, and he is the keystone to the great plan of Salvation/Happiness. He is my strength and my support! If we follow Him and His Gospel, we can live with our families forever. There is nothing more important to me than this.

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I now understand WHY it´s so important that people get a testimony of that powerful testament of our Savior. It is truly the keystone to our religion. I challenge all of you to read more from that book--make it a consistent thing! I testify that you will receive blessings for studying the scriptures.

My love for each and every one of you grows as I continue to press forward in this great work. I am grateful for your prayers and your support. I am truly blessed. I love you all, and I look forward to hearing from you all very soon. Ciao!

Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV
--
D&C 122:7

No comments: