Wednesday, November 23, 2011

3: Halloween And November

Dear All,

I'm writing these last few e-mails with a lot of mixed emotions. I have a
lot of life's dreams, and my full-time missionary service is one of them.
And now here it is drawing to a close. But I am grateful for everything
that I have experienced these two years, and I will never forget them. I
love my mission. But I am also excited to begin my new life and progress
even more.

It was a tough week, but we're confident that this week will be better. We
received permission to go to the Temple with the District this Saturday. I
am excited for that. :) It'll be my first Temple trip here in Chilé. I am
REALLY excited. I haven't been to the Temple since the MTC. That seems like
an eternity ago. It'll be great to go there and feel that special Spirit
again. We're looking forward to it.

Yesterday in Gospel Principles, Elder MacIver taught a lesson on Eternal
Families. As he taught and as the members and investigators participated, I
felt extremely happy to know that we will have the opportunity to live with
our families forever as long as if we do our part and follow the Savior's
example. I know that's true. The Spirit has born testimony of it to me, and
it brings a lot of peace and hope to my heart when I am reminded of this
great knowledge that I have.

But I also know that it's certain that Satan is out to destroy the family.
Every day he is doing everything he can do get to us and to destroy us.
Like Elder Holland said in this last General Conference: Satan knows that
he will lose in the end, but he will not go down without a fight. This
week, I found a great example of a Prophet who fought Satan and came out
victorious. Moses teaches us what we must do to come out victorious in
Moses 1:17-22

*17 And he also gave me commandments when he called unto me out of the
burning bush, saying: Call upon God in the name of mine Only Begotten, and
worship me.*
*
*
*18 And again Moses said: I will not cease to call upon God, I have other
things to inquire of him: for his glory has been upon me, wherefore I can
judge between him and thee. Depart hence, Satan.*
*
*
*19 And now, when Moses had said these words, Satan cried with a loud
voice, and ranted upon the earth, and commanded, saying: I am the Only
Begotten, worship me.*
*
*
*20 And it came to pass that Moses began to fear exceedingly; and as he
began to fear, he saw the bitterness of hell. Nevertheless, calling upon
God, he received strength, and he commanded, saying: Depart from me, Satan,
for this one God only will I worship, which is the God of glory.*
*
*
*21 And now Satan began to tremble, and the earth shook; and Moses received
strength, and called upon God, saying: In the name of the Only Begotten,
depart hence, Satan.*
*
*
*22 And it came to pass that Satan cried with a loud voice, with weeping,
and wailing, and gnashing of teeth; and he departed hence, even from the
presence of Moses, that he beheld him not.*

Let us call upon the Lord unceasingly! I know that if we do so--like
Moses---we will come out of the battle victorious. As we rely upon the Lord
unceasingly as families, he WILL NOT defeat us, and we will come out
victorious. I know these things are true, and I am grateful for examples
like Moses who teach us that it's not an impossible battle. We can come out
victorious.

I love you all. Until next week!

Con Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: