Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mission Memory #1: A Year Ago Tomorrow

This will be my first entry of "Mission Memories." Today's journal entry comes from an entry I wrote on January 2, 2011. It gives you an idea of what it's like to be a missionary on New Years day.

Just so you have an idea...this was my second transfer as a senior companion, and I still didn't make the greatest decisions. And when I mention we played the Wii...It's not like we were sitting down and playing for two hours straight. There were a bunch of kids there, and the adults didn't know how the Wii worked, so we were helping the kids out. Looking back...It WAS with an investigator on New Years day, so it wasn't as bad as I make it sound in the entry.

Enjoy!

January 2, 2011 (7:58 AM)
Okay, before I tell you yesterday's story, I thought I'd say: Happy 13th Birthday, Luke Nelson! Wow. I can't believe how old he is now. Crazy! Happy Birthday, brother! I'm proud of you. I love you.

I'm not so sure that we are going to finish strong this weekend. Why? Well, yesterday was so weird. No one was out in the streets. All of our appointments fell through, too, and so we decided to pass by a few members to see if we could visit them and spend a little time with them. But nope! They weren't in their houses either. It was strange. We ended up spending a few hours with the Mardones family. We ate lunch with them a few days ago, and the daughter (Kabriel) informed us that she wanted to be baptized. So we're going to teach her on Tuesday, and she'll be baptized this change. FTW! But yeah...we stopped by their house to use the bathroom, but we were actually there for a good two hours. Yikes. I've never felt so "chueco" [Chilean word for disobedient or rebelious] in my life! Yes...it gets worse. What else did we do...??? We played Mario Party 8 with them for a little while! THE WORSTS!!! But we're never going to do it again. We can't be "chuecos!" ;-)

Well...today we have church, and it should be sweet. Valeska's family will be there, as will be Kabriel. Four investigators at church FTW! :) We're excited for that. Well, it should be an interesting day, then. I'll do my best to keep you updated tonight rather than tomorrow morning. ;-) Missionary work FTW, FTW, FTW. (P.S. I wonder how Scott Oehler (AKA Elder Oehler) is doing in the MTC? I imagine he's great! I love you, brother!) [I ask myself that because Scott and I used to always say "FTW, FTW, FTW"]

One more random thought before I close my journal...Elder Chris Berry has TWO months left in the mission. What the heck!? I don't believe that. Even crazier: Elder T.A.Brunner only has six months left in the mission. *confused* How can it be!? That means I'm running out of time...So let's go to work!! :) [Time DID pass very fast.]

The streets of Quillota (my area) on January 1, 2011 around 1 PM. Normally the streets were PACKED.

2 comments:

Karrae said...

Hahah only ever saw two video game systems my whole mission haha, one kid was playing a psp on a bus once upon a time and some guys answered the door with wii motes in their hands and said they were busy haha (oh yeah and the mission presidents son had a wii, it was always in the room we had mission council haha)

Todd said...

Hahah only ever saw two video game systems my whole mission haha, one kid was playing a psp on a bus once upon a time and some guys answered the door with wii motes in their hands and said they were busy haha (oh yeah and the mission presidents son had a wii, it was always in the room we had mission council haha)