Thursday, July 28, 2011

Elder Monzón y Los Vilos: Es Lo Que Dios Quiere
















Dear All,

I guess I take a lot of pictures and send a lot home. I've heard a lot of comments from other missionaries like "You send A LOT of pictures home" or "You've taken 700 pictures these last four months?" I've always been a photo-taker, I guess. This week is no exception either. I'm attaching a lot of pictures of the people that have influenced my life here in Reñaca Alto. I'm going to miss this place.

Elder Gasik is staying with a great Elder named Elder Rigby. I'm excited for them! Nicolás and Natalia passed their interviews, and so Elder Gasik and Elder Rigby will have two baptisms this Saturday to start off the change/transfer. :) And they will continue baptizing here. I'm sad that I won't be here for the baptisms, but I know that it's what the Lord wants.

I'm being transferred to the North! I'm really excited to go back up there after not having been there since my first ward. :) I'm going to a zone called Illapel; it's a zone of six elders! And so I won't be a district leader because it's not really necessary in a zone of six. :) I'm going to a small little town called Los Vilos. I'm REALLY excited because Illapel is a zone where nobody wants to go because the Elders have it in their heads that no one is baptized there. But I have complete confidence that there are people there; we just have to find them. So it's going to be an adventure!

President Gillespie is trying a few new things. The mission is really struggling, and so President Gillespie has basically changed the mission COMPLETELY. A good 90-95% of the mission is going to consist of co-companions. In other words...No senior companion, no junior companion. I'm with an Elder named Elder Monzón; he's actually older than me in the mission. :) He's great. He's from Paraguay (my second companion from Paraguay!), and he'll be in his last change. I'm excited for that because I've never "killed" anyone in my mission (rather: been with someone in their last transfer).

I know it's what the Lord wants, though. I've always known that Elder Monzón and I were going to be companions. Remember Elder Dupré? He was my second companion. But do you want to know a secret? He wasn't going to be my second companion. Elder Monzón was! But there was an emergency change before the changes. And my whole mission I ALWAYS felt that I was going to be companions with Elder Monzón--mainly for the fact that we WERE going to be companions in my second transfer. But a few months ago I met him here in Achupallas, and I thought, "Dang. We'll never be companions because we are both too old in the mission."

But now look! We're going to be companions. And as soon as I received my transfer, I KNEW it was where the Lord wanted me to be. And I KNEW it was with whom the Lord wanted it to be with. And I am really happy to work with someone with so much success. We're going to work really well together. It's going to be a fun six weeks. And an even funner four months. :) I'm just really excited.

I know the Gospel is true. I've never doubted. I know that if we put ALL our trust in God, He will bless us. And such blessings aren't only blessings. But they are evidences that the Gospel is TRUE and that God DOES love us.

I love you all. Until next week!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: