Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Seguid El Modelo Que Dio El Señor"












Dear All,

It was an interesting batch of e-mails. I read Todd's last e-mail; he goes home next week. I can't believe that. That means that I received my mission call almost two whole years ago. (I received my call the day after he entered the MTC.) Also I heard from Levi Kiffe that William Lovell put in mission papers and that Timmy has been working on his. I cannot believe it.

It wasn't the greatest week. We didn't have anyone in church yesterday. And we basically spent most of the week working with a list of less-actives. We elimated a lot of names of people that have moved or who have passed away. We found a few families, though, and that was good. Also we were happy yesterday because we had a ton of members in church. A good 80 or so. That was great for our ward. I've definitely seen Reñaca Alto's good days and its bad days. I love this place! But I'm ready for a new ward, I think, because I've been here for a long time; it'll do me a lot of good. I'm going to do my best to leave the ward better than I found it, though. We'll see who stays and who goes a week from today.

Sergio Nicolás and Natalia are doing great. They couldn't attend because they are on winter vacation, and they were visiting their grandma. But they are really excited to be baptized! And we're excited to finish up the lessons this week so that they are prepared for their baptismal interview this weekend. I'm a little worried about setting up the baptism because we just lost our ward misson leader, and we won't have a new one until Sunday. But it'll all work out.

I just want to stay focused and work really hard these last few months. I've done terribly these last few weeks. I need to be a better missionary and a better person. I haven't been all that pleased with myself these last few weeks. But I'm really grateful for the Repentance process. I'm grateful for the Atonement and for the chance that we have every day to repent of our sins and to better ourselves. :)

I know the Gospel is true. I can't deny it because I've experienced and seen too many witnesses that it is true. I like the quote that the mission put in the mission announcements today. It's a quote from the Prophet Joseph Smith. It says, "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God." If we strive to keep the commandments of God, we'll be happy. I've experienced that happiness! And that is why I will never deny the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because I want to be happy. It's that simple. And nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

I love you all.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: