Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturnino: The Attack Of The Dogs






Dear All,

First: Happy late birthday, Logan! And happy birthday this next week, Baby Levi and Ellalyn! And happy birthday to everyone that I've missed. I've realized that I've been TERRIBLE with birthdays here in the mission. But I love you all. :)

Well, it was a great week! Elder Gasik and I have loved our time here in Reñaca Alto together. We're both begging the zone leaders, the Asistants, and the President himself to let us stay here together. That would be awesome if we stayed here together for a third transfer! :) So we're hoping for that. But if the Lord wants it some other way, we'll accept that, too.

I had a great experience yesterday. I did my first interview! I interviewed the Zone Leaders' investigator (Karina) and her two kids (Rafael and Rosita), and it was really awesome being able to interview someone for baptism. The coolest part was with Karina because I really felt the Spirit when I interviewed her. With the interview, there are set questions, but we are encouraged to ask follow-up questions to verify the sincerity of their repentance. The day before (Saturday), I did an "intercambio" with Elder Anderson, and I was really worried about the follow-up questions because I was worried that I would have no idea what to say. But it was awesome because the questions just came to me and they came out of my mouth. I know those follow-up questions were inspired questions from Heaven. And I'm really excited for the Zone Leaders' baptism this Saturday. We're going to do our best to invite all our investigators to the baptism so that they can feel the Spirit there.

Speaking of investigators: We've really stuggled with getting our investigators into the church. And our teaching pool kind of died down a little bit. So we're just searching for God's elect now. Finding people can be hard sometimes, but I've really learned to just go out there and enjoy it.

Speaking of finding: If there's one thing that I wish I would have known at the beginning of my mission, it would be talking with EVERYONE. The Zone Leaders have really stressed that we should talk with EVERYONE in the street, give them Book of Mormons, and set up an appointment with them. On Thursday, they asked for our numbers as always (to see how our week was coming along), and when they saw that we had only handed out one Book of Mormon, Elder Anderson told me, "Elder. That shows that you aren't talking to everyone in the street."

Instead of arguing, I said, "You know. He's right." And Elder Gasik took that as a challenge, and we talked with EVERYONE in the street, and we ended the week with 17 Book of Mormons and a TON of appointments. Seven of those Books were from yesterday afternoon/night. It felt good.

Well, not much else new has happened. Elder Applegate (my companion from the MTC that went home) is back!!! He got back here a few days ago. I'm REALLY happy about that. :) I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

Also: We've been attacked by a lot of dogs these days. Almost every day, Elder Gasik and I have been attacked by a GANG of dogs. It's been fun. No worries. I haven't been bitten again

I love you all!! Until next week.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: