Thursday, July 28, 2011

Best For Last: Estoy En Una Tumba De Oro













Dear All,

Greetings from Los Vilos! This place is a beautiful one. Look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth. I'm in the middle of no where. ;) But Los Vilos is RIGHT by the ocean. In fact, it's the only ward in the mission that we have permission to proselyte on the beach. When we went to go eat lunch at a members' house a few days ago, it was SO awesome because their house is right in front of the ocean. It's a great environment. :)

I'm a little lost here. I thought that with all the landmarks and with the small area I'd learn the area easily--in a day or two. But it has been difficult because there are so many different routes that we can take and what not. I'll get it down soon, though. But I'm loving it here! I learned this week that Los Vilos is a "tomb" (or would "grave" be a better word?; I don't know. In Spanish it's "tumba"). Why is it a grave? Because I guess A LOT of missionaries end their missions here. I didn't know that. It's weird to think that Elder Monzon (my companion) will be one of them, and I'll probably be another. Crazy.

But it's a golden grave. You wouldn't believe it! Elder Monzon and I have SO many potential investigators here. In August, we have set a goal to have FOUR baptisms. We will have at least three. :) And that's only in August! We have others that will be baptized in few more months. We're excited to show the mission that this zone DOES baptize.

But all has gone well thus far. It's a little different being with another missionary as a "co-comp" and it's been difficult for me to switch back to speaking Spanish 24/7. But with time I'll adjust completely and everything will work out.

I've gained a powerful testimony of the family here in my mission. I know the family is the central part of God's plan. I know that we can live with our families forever as long as we accept the Gospel and endure to the end. I want to become a better person, a better son, a better brother, etc. so that my prosperity can look to me as an example--just as I have done with my parents, with my siblings, with my grandparents, etc. I know that as we do our individual part by living the Gospel, our families will notice our examples, and they will want to follow that example. And most importantly: We can be an eternal, happy family. There really isn't anything greater, is there?

I love you all. Until next week!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: