Saturday, July 2, 2011

Estamos Mojados








Dear All,

Happy Fathers Day!!

It was a great week as always. Elder Gasik and I are working hard. We talked a lot this week of how hard it's going to be for us to switch companions when that day comes. We're basically brothers by now. And it'll be tough to go our seperate ways here in a few weeks. But that's just how the mission works, right? :)

It's raining a lot these days. On Saturday we did an intercambio, and I was with Elder Mace (one of the zone leaders) in his area. And it was POURING when we went out to work in the morning. And the wind was POWERFUL. I almost got knocked over by the wind! I love working in the rain, though, because it's always an adventure. And the people LOVE it because they see how dedicated we are. In fact, we taught a family that told us, "You know what, Elders? You're so dedicated to come here and visit us--even when it's raining. And so we've made the decision that we're going to church tomorrow whether it's raining or not." And the zone leaders told me that they attended yesterday despite all the rain! :) Elder Mace and I also found another family (a part-member family; the Mom was baptized a long time ago), and we taught them the Restoration, and we committed them to attend church the next day. And they, too, were there! Great stuff.

Elder Gasik and I also had a family attend church! On Monday, we passed by a guy named Sergio. He's a less-active member and so is his wife. They have three kids that aren't baptized. And they also committed to going to church. And they were there yesterday despite the low attendance. In fact, the three kids were the only ones in Primary/Young Mens. Nicolás (age 12), Natalia (age 10), and Diego (age 8) are their names, and they loved it! They came up to me after church and told me that they all want to be baptized! Now, Elder Gasik and I just have to do a plan with the ward and with the family before they can have an official baptismal date. We're excited about that.

Another than that I don't know what else to say. But I will say this: The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, and we have a prophet to lead and guide us in these latter days! How blessed we are for the knowledge we have of these Gospel truths! How grateful we are for the knowledge we have of the Book of Mormon and its testimony of the Savior and its evidence that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God who brought about the Restoration. My heart is full to know these things, and my only hope is to become a better missionary so that I can give it my all these last few months to share these things with others.

I love you all. Thank you for your love and for your support.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Nelson IV

No comments: