Saturday, November 29, 2008

BYU vs. Utah 2008 (One Week Later)

After having one week to think about it, I have a few more thoughts on the BYU vs. Utah football rivalry.

First, I never did believe in rivalries. I still kind of don't believe in them. I don't really have a HUGE problem with Utah fans--if they are half-decent.

I will admit--ignorning the color red for a whole week was silly. But it was fun.

But the thing that stood out to me this year--even though we lost--was the way I felt during the game. Every time BYU had the ball, this feeling just overcame me. I wanted BYU to just DESTROY Utah. When BYU scored a TD, I jumped to my feet, got pumped, and gave my brothers high fives.

Now--I usually hope BYU beats a team, no matter who they play. But when they played Utah last Saturday, I discovered that extra amount of intensity and eagarness to win. And it was POWERFUL!

And so what I am trying to say is: I am looking forward to my next BYU vs. Utah game in 2011 when I get home from my mission. FTW.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

haha. i never really made the connection with your aversion to the color red. haha. I think rivalries are great. but everything in moderation right? it's the excessive fans on both sides that carry the rivalry beyond the game and have animosity for ute people year round that get to me. :)

The Watts said...

You never know maybe you will leave for your mission after the BYU vs. Utah football game. Matt left a whole month and a half after his 19th birthday.

BDN said...

Matt was also held up for a few weeks because of his blood pressure problem....

The Watts said...

Hey what percent do you get off at work and how much do the remotes for the Wii cost? Also do they make a generic version of the controller? Call me back with the info